cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Green, I've heard apping for other Amexs right after is the way to go...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Amex Green, I've heard apping for other Amexs right after is the way to go...

Is that true? I'm more likely to get approved for other Amex's once I am approved for one especially if I follow-up quickly?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Amex Green, I've heard apping for other Amexs right after is the way to go...

with amex these days who knows? i would suggest that you wait until january to take advantage of the instant history, if this is your first amex relationship.

an app in january 09 would give it a history from jan 08, instead of 09 since your first card was obtained in 08.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Amex Green, I've heard apping for other Amexs right after is the way to go...

@Anonymous wrote:

with amex these days who knows? i would suggest that you wait until january to take advantage of the instant history, if this is your first amex relationship.

an app in january 09 would give it a history from jan 08, instead of 09 since your first card was obtained in 08.

Well the thing is that I was a member in 86 so they said they'll make my Open Date 1986.  So each Amex I get approved for adds a 22 year old history to my score and average age.

What would be the next easiest card to get approved for do you think?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

after rading your other post, i'd stop at the 2 you already received. congrats!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! 

I'd also agree with Ducky - you've got approved for two in the same day (which will have amazing benefits for your AAoAs!), but if I were you I'd now quite while I was ahead. For now. If you keep in AmEx's good books you will always have that option to go for another card and further improve your average account age... you can do it next year, or the year after, or something - unless they change how they report to the CRAs, that will be an option you always have with them. No need to go freaking them out right away with a third application - they are easily spooked right now! That CL you got on the Delta is fantastic, it would be a shame to have them cut it to $500 or close the cards because they think you're behaving oddly or something - they would have to wonder why you want quite so many cards all in one day, and although WE know why... it may look strange and suspicious to them (not to mention that "in order to manipulate the info on my credit reports, that's why!" may not overly please them!)... so yeah, I'd hold off on that third app.

Congrats again, though! Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Me three, I agree with Ducky
Message 6 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Me Four. Agree with Ducky...
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me 5 Smiley Happy Thanks for the advice, I think these two will help immeasurably. Not just the raw score but the manual reviews which would have previously made it clear my only personal credit cards were under a year old.  So even if 'just' 20 points with the two new 22 year olds, it will make any serious LOC applications a lot easoier
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.