cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Green ... and now what?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Approved for Amex Green ... and now what?

Message 21 of 41
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Wait until January before you app for any more AMEX cards.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 22 of 41
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@PastorH wrote:

thanks for the love guys.  most of all for the advice!  Smiley Very Happy

Anytime, @09Lexie and I accept all 4 major credit card issuers btw. I go by the hour, i'm not sure about Lexie...

Smiley Very Happy

JIC, gotta put it out there.... JK!

Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 41
PastorH
Contributor

My credit lines are not large enough to pay for the value of the advise you guys have given!  Smiley LOL

Message 24 of 41
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@PastorH wrote:

My credit lines are not large enough to pay for the value of the advise you guys have given!  Smiley LOL

lmao, good one...

Message 25 of 41
PastorH
Contributor

Hey guys, I just reviewed the Discovery iT card.  Besides the other good features, it is offering a 0% APR for 14 months.  would it be worthwhile to transfer balances for my two old cards (see previous reply post on this message) carrying balances at high interest?

Message 26 of 41
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@PastorH wrote:

Hey guys, I just reviewed the Discovery iT card.  Besides the other good features, it is offering a 0% APR for 14 months.  would it be worthwhile to transfer balances for my two old cards (see previous reply post on this message) carrying balances at high interest?

Yes, those cards are very good for balance transfers. Only problem is many many years ago I applied for the equivelent IT card (don't know what it was called back then) for the same reason, but they said they couldn't do a balance transfer for me. They said it was random and I could not get a BT! Maybe it's different nowdays so someone else can chime in.

Message 27 of 41
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If it makes sense mathematically (BT fees) -then yes. You have to make sure the bal is paid off in 14 mos. the other thing to consider is the starting CL. Discover can be all over the place with initial CL's.
Message 28 of 41
PastorH
Contributor

Thanks guys. I thought it may be a good idea, and yes, I need to make sure that the CL is worth while if it will absorb the BT.

Message 29 of 41
myjourney
Super Contributor

@PastorH wrote:

Hey, I just realized that I got approved for an Amex (albeit the Green for now) and noone has congratulated me!  What's up with that???  LOL! Smiley Surprised

Lol

Congrats i'm playing catch up 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.