cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex ZYNC I can't believe it....

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Approved for Amex ZYNC I can't believe it....

So after reading so much about the Zync card on this site I decided to pull the trigger early this morning.  I had been doing the pre-approval site, and it always came back with sorry.  Although, I dream of getting the Blue Cash I needed a stepping stone to get in with the Amex family.  Just a bit of history, I was an AU on my husbands Blue Cash about 4 years ago, and since that account was paid late it went into collections, but we did PIF.  Years later I removed myself from my CR as it was affecting it, and was hoping one day to get approved. 

Now, I have about 12iq (5 falling off in the next two months), several new accounts about 8 in the last three months, and was just added to my fathers Discover that shows since 1999 with a $8500cl.  So I applied this morning and was APPROVED!!! I really cannot believe it, Amex pulled Experian.  By mistake I clicked on getting the account instantly, and I was a bit confused how it said I can only use $250 until I receive the card???  I called Amex and was told that was set only until 12/20 and after that no pre-spending limit.  Oh well, I think I just want to be able to build my relationship with Amex. 

Some other input, I have bankruptcy chp 7 that will be falling off my reports April 2012, and 5 baddies with charge off on two of them.  My reports are clean for 25 months now, and I will just continue to get my scores up I hope. 

Thanks to my FICO love this forum!!!

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex ZYNC I can't believe it....

Congratulations on the upward mobility, and welcome (back) to the Amex family!  Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 2 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Approved with Ch 7 BK still reporting??? Wow, that goes against all logic that I think we had about Amex in the past.

Congrats on your shiny white card, I swear I get more questions and turn more heads with the white card than the platinum Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 26
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Thanks both of you!  It sure does feel good, and I have to tell you I cannot believe it.  Yes the bankruptcy is still reporting (falling off April 2012), I do have a note on my reports that it has to due to medical bills (not sure if it makes a difference), I had no insurance at the time.  Any ways, I will surely treat this card right and hope to get with Blue Cash back.  I am so curious if they will back date?  How would that work?  I did notice that on the temporary number they gave me it has my acct# and shows 09????  Is that just a typo?? My husbands account was opened back in 2004.

Message 4 of 26
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

Where's the pre-approval link for Amex or how do I access it?

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 26
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Sorry not pre-approval, but to check if there are any offers for you. 

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You inspired me and I just got approved with 1 paid Charge-off and a few lates about 3 years ago! YAY!

Message 7 of 26
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

Thanks Halos.  Just went through the process and it said it didn't find any existing offers for me.  I had to enter the last 4 of my social so I hope they didn't pull my credit.

@rebuildingaftercollege - congrats!  How much did you get approved for?

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it's the same thing where you have a $250 limit until you have the card and then it's not a pre-set limit. But from what I understand, AMEX does have internal limits. So I'm not sure what mine would be. I guess you have to call and can test run charges or something...not sure how to figure that one out. 

Message 9 of 26
halos24
Frequent Contributor

When I called regarding the $250 they said that was only good until December 20th, and after that no pre spending limit.  From what I have read it looks like they will do it based off spending and so on.  We will play it by year. 

I have been inputting my information for a few months now and have never had a hard inquiry so would be very surprised if they did a hard inquiry. 

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.