cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Zync & Premier Rewards Gold....Finally YES!!!!!!

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Approved for Amex Zync & Premier Rewards Gold....Finally YES!!!!!!

-----> I called Amex and asked about backdating to 1986.  No go for me, since the card was cancelled in 1987 I cannot backdate.  The CSR said that if it was still open I could have backdated my new cards. 

You need to just call back, someone else will be able to help you.....There are many instances of successful backdating to closed accounts.   As long as you have the account # they can look it up.    If you do not have the account number then perhaps they can't find it, so that's why the rep said it would only work on open accounts....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 19
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@BobbyJ wrote:

I called Amex and asked about backdating to 1986.  No go for me, since the card was cancelled in 1987 I cannot backdate.  The CSR said that if it was still open I could have backdated my new cards.  Not sure I am done with trying.  I might call the Amex Executive Offices once my new cards arrive and try again.

Do that, though like I said, sometimes AMEX don't let those who burned them backdate. Then again I hope luck is on your side.

Message 12 of 19
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Success!!!! Amex backdated my Amex PR Gold and Zync to 1985.  My credit file is currently over 14 years old but my AAOA is just over 4 years.  Now that my Amex cards will show a date of 1986 does anyone know how much will that change my AAOA in the future?

Thanks

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 13 of 19
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Great !!  I'm glad they were able to make it happen for you !!

I would guess that you will see a significant AAoA boost from having these 2 TLs reporting over 25 years old !  How many total accounts are showing on your CR now ??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BobbyJ wrote:

Success!!!! Amex backdated my Amex PR Gold and Zync to 1985.  My credit file is currently over 14 years old but my AAOA is just over 4 years.  Now that my Amex cards will show a date of 1986 does anyone know how much will that change my AAOA in the future?

Thanks

i'm not sure how aaoa is calculated, but if its straight forward like i think it is: multiply your current aaoa by the number of cards, add the age of your new card to this, then divide by the number of cards.

10 years aaoa for 2 cards. new card = 25 years.

(2cards*10years aaoa) = 20 years

20 years + 25 years (new card) = 45/(2+1) cards = 15 year

Message 15 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@BobbyJ wrote:

Thanks

i'm not sure how aaoa is calculated, but if its straight forward like i think it is: multiply your current aaoa by the number of cards, add the age of your new card to this, then divide by the number of cards.

10 years aaoa for 2 cards. new card = 25 years.

(2cards*10years aaoa) = 20 years

20 years + 25 years (new card) = 45/(2+1) cards = 15 year

How to calculate AAoA, one report at a time (get the back of an envelope handy, along with a calculator):

List every single tradeline on your report, revolving or installment, open or closed, Seriously: if it's on your report, write it down. (Don't include judgments, etc. as these are not actually accounts.)

Figure out the age of each account, one at a time, by taking the original openineg date (MM/YY) up to today. Figure it in months, not years + months. So if an account was opened in Sept 2008, it is (as of Jan 2012) 40 months old. If it was opened in Sept 2008 and closed in Dec 2009, it's still 40 months old. It does not matter if it's open or closed --run it to today's date, not when it was closed.

Add up all the account ages, expressed in months as described above. Divide by the number of accounts that you included. Again, don't forget: installment or revolving, open or closed: if it's listed on your reports, add it in.

The resulting figure is your AAoA.

To gauge the impact of a new account, divide the original sum of all account ages by the number of accounts + 1 (this is the new account.) So if you originally cruched your AAoA and came up with a total of 637 months / 7 accounts, change it to 637 accounts / 8 accounts. And so forth.

Now, if you have opened another AmEx account, and you're getting the backdating, you'll need to increase the numerator (sum of all account ages) AND the denominator (number of accounts.) So let's say that the new back-dated card is from March 2008, which as of Jan 2012 was 46 months ago. Using the for-instance figures above, figure 637 + 46 months / 7 + 1 account for your new AAoA.

Alternatively, the dirt-simple method is to buy you full report from Equifax, which displays your AAoA in YY/MM.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 19
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

I want to go for a 2nd AMEX card, currently have Zync. Which would you choose? Do any report limit?

Message 17 of 19
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the great info hauling and to all who responded.  I will do the calculations.

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 18 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@mnegron1969 wrote:

I want to go for a 2nd AMEX card, currently have Zync. Which would you choose? Do any report limit?

The revolvers report limits; like the BLue series, Delta, etc

How long have you had your current AMEX?

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.