Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Amex

I've been slowly (kind of) adding a few accounts over the last 18 months yet my score hasn't gone up too much. Yesterday I got an offer for an Amex Green charge card. I was surprised that with a 620-ish score and 600 on EXP, I would get such an offer, but I have been paying perfectly on every credit card, store card, and auto loan for three years with all of a bogus $98 collection from 2003 on my report. So I apped and was told to wait. A few hours later, I've been approved! I am happy to be able to be in the Amex family. The charge card is actually something I want, because I spend over $1 million on my miles debit card now and was bummed when I found out yesterday that I will no longer earn miles after July. Smiley Sad So hopefully I can build up to being able to put a decent amount of that business spend on an Amex charge card, and eventually, be prime enough for Chase's Mileage Plus credit card, or at least a Skymiles card from Amex.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been slowly (kind of) adding a few accounts over the last 18 months yet my score hasn't gone up too much. Yesterday I got an offer for an Amex Green charge card. I was surprised that with a 620-ish score and 600 on EXP, I would get such an offer, but I have been paying perfectly on every credit card, store card, and auto loan for three years with all of a bogus $98 collection from 2003 on my report. So I apped and was told to wait. A few hours later, I've been approved! I am happy to be able to be in the Amex family. The charge card is actually something I want, because I spend over $1 million on my miles debit card now and was bummed when I found out yesterday that I will no longer earn miles after July. Smiley Sad So hopefully I can build up to being able to put a decent amount of that business spend on an Amex charge card, and eventually, be prime enough for Chase's Mileage Plus credit card, or at least a Skymiles card from Amex.

Congrats keep up the good work.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks... wondering about a limit? I've read they just pick and choose which transactions to put thru?
Message 4 of 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks... wondering about a limit? I've read they just pick and choose which transactions to put thru?

While there really is no limit per se, they do have an internal limit. You can check your spending ability on AMEX site, just do not do it too often.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since youre after miles/rewards, did you get the Premier rewards Green or the regular green?

Message 6 of 7
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Your doing good, I cant get an AMEX with any type score. They told me 10 years ago my ex-wife then wife wrote a hot check, and it ended up at some check reporting place, I forget if it was telecheck or checktronix, or something like that, I tossed the denial letter some months ago.

They said it stays on that report for 15 years......Im like keep your your card, im not paying for my ex ole ladies bounced check.

They are the only card that I know that checks a check reporting place.

I got two new cards recently with BOA and Chase, and there both high limit cards.

AMEX can live without my business LOL

Oh and I forgot to mention that to add insult to injury, they followed it up with an offer to get a card if I opened a 10k CD with them LOL

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.