Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Barclay Card

tag
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Approved for Apple Barclay Card

Decided to pull the trigger on the Apple Barclay Card.  APPROVED!!!  Gave me an initial credit limit of $1290 Smiley Sad  I immediately called the backdoor number and informed the rep I was attempting to purchase two Macs.  She asked a few questions, asked me what limit I was looking for, I said, around $4500 Smiley Happy.  She placed me on hold, came back and some questions concerning my credit report. 

She said I can approve you for $3000. to cover the purchase of the computer's.  She said wait six months, they wanted to see payment history and would increase after six months.  Process was very easy, applying and the cli. 

Good luck to anyone trying to egt one. 

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for Apple Barclay Card

That's great to hear!  Congrats  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@eparker wrote:

Decided to pull the trigger on the Apple Barclay Card.  APPROVED!!!  Gave me an initial credit limit of $1290 Smiley Sad  I immediately called the backdoor number and informed the rep I was attempting to purchase two Macs.  She asked a few questions, asked me what limit I was looking for, I said, around $4500 Smiley Happy.  She placed me on hold, came back and some questions concerning my credit report. 

She said I can approve you for $3000. to cover the purchase of the computer's.  She said wait six months, they wanted to see payment history and would increase after six months.  Process was very easy, applying and the cli. 

Good luck to anyone trying to egt one. 

Congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 3 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

Even more tempted now. I need two MacBook Pros and that going to be arounf $4200.

They pull TU right?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

Even more tempted now. I need two MacBook Pros and that going to be arounf $4200.

They pull TU right?

Yes Barclays pulls TU.

And Congrats to the OP.

Message 5 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

At the end of the month, my TU util will decrease by about 25% so I assume that I will gain some good points on TU98 at least.

Do they use TU98 or TU04?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

At the end of the month, my TU util will decrease by about 25% so I assume that I will gain some good points on TU98 at least.

Do they use TU98 or TU04?

Your guess is as good as mine on this one, as I'm sure you know, Barclays is Inq and New Acct sensitive YMMV tho.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your card, and soon to be new computer!

Message 8 of 9
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Congrats OP! What, if any, baddies do you have? Want depserately to pull the trigger on Barclay's Apple so I can buy an iPad 2. My only concern is I've only had my one CC for 8 months.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.