Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Barclayscard =)

tag
nixforfun
Established Member

Re: Approved for Apple Barclayscard =)

Is "Barclaycard with iTunes Rewards Visa Card" equally easy to get or is it just the "Barclaycard Financing Visa Card"?

Message 11 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@neverrain wrote:

So I apped for a Barclayscard last night on their website after reading about how great their customer support is and got denied.  Called back this morning to their backdoor credit analyst, answered a few credit history questions, and got approved for a $1300 limit =)  I am pretty excited.  My highest card right now is a capital1 card i was just approved for at $500.  I was surprised they approved me.  And like everyone else, their credit analysts are so nice on the phone.  if anyone is considering it, I highly recommend trying.  Just talking to them made me happy about my credit history (2 charge off loans for almost $30k (with interest) that the CA refused to work with me on.  He told me the primary thing they look at is credit card history, which mine is flawless for almost 2 years now.

Does it matter that I don't intend to purchase a computer?  Will they close if the card goes unused?

Congrats!!!

Make sure not to app for anything for 6 months as Barclay's will hawkeye your reports!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 14
neverrain
New Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@neverrain wrote:

So I apped for a Barclayscard last night on their website after reading about how great their customer support is and got denied.  Called back this morning to their backdoor credit analyst, answered a few credit history questions, and got approved for a $1300 limit =)  I am pretty excited.  My highest card right now is a capital1 card i was just approved for at $500.  I was surprised they approved me.  And like everyone else, their credit analysts are so nice on the phone.  if anyone is considering it, I highly recommend trying.  Just talking to them made me happy about my credit history (2 charge off loans for almost $30k (with interest) that the CA refused to work with me on.  He told me the primary thing they look at is credit card history, which mine is flawless for almost 2 years now.

Does it matter that I don't intend to purchase a computer?  Will they close if the card goes unused?

Congrats!!!

Make sure not to app for anything for 6 months as Barclay's will hawkeye your reports!

Oh thanks.  That's good info.  I wasn't planning on it anyway.  Was going to lay off for a a year or so and let things grow.

If my gf picks up an Amex Blue Cash Preferred card and I am added as an auth user, that's isn't an inquiry right?

Message 13 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@neverrain wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@neverrain wrote:

Congrats!!!

Oh thanks.  That's good info.  I wasn't planning on it anyway.  Was going to lay off for a a year or so and let things grow.

If my gf picks up an Amex Blue Cash Preferred card and I am added as an auth user, that's isn't an inquiry right?

No, an AU is fine (as long as it shows up that way)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.