Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Barclayscard =)

tag
neverrain
New Contributor

Approved for Apple Barclayscard =)

So I apped for a Barclayscard last night on their website after reading about how great their customer support is and got denied.  Called back this morning to their backdoor credit analyst, answered a few credit history questions, and got approved for a $1300 limit =)  I am pretty excited.  My highest card right now is a capital1 card i was just approved for at $500.  I was surprised they approved me.  And like everyone else, their credit analysts are so nice on the phone.  if anyone is considering it, I highly recommend trying.  Just talking to them made me happy about my credit history (2 charge off loans for almost $30k (with interest) that the CA refused to work with me on.  He told me the primary thing they look at is credit card history, which mine is flawless for almost 2 years now.

Does it matter that I don't intend to purchase a computer?  Will they close if the card goes unused?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Approved for Apple Barclayscard =)

Congrats on the approval !!  One of the best things about Barclay is their willingness to recon, and yes their Credit Analysts are usually helpful and pleasant.

Don't worry about not buying a computer with it.   It's a VISA card, use it anywhere you want.

I don't know if they close dormant accounts, just buy a pack of gum every few months to keep it active....Smiley Wink

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 14
neverrain
New Contributor

Actually, now that this is my highest limit, I was planning on using i for my 1-9% utilization card and sock drawering the rest.  I'll put a small charge on each one every couple months of course.

I wish the no interest financing coupon didn't expire.  I'm sure I will buy a new MacBook Pro in the future at some point.  I honestly can't get over how nice they are lol.  So out of the norm.

Message 3 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah the MacBooks are really nice, I wish I had one too....

Barclays occasionally runs promotions for financing at 0%, so you might still be able to buy one with no interest....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 14
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats and yes they were nice when they denied me for having such a short history. LOL  Can't wait to get my hands on the Carnival fun points MC.Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 14
neverrain
New Contributor

Funny thing is, I actually do have one for work that is completely maxxed out in memory, SSD, the whole nine.  But if I ever left here I would likely replace it.  It is a really nice computer and it's too convenient in a lot of circumstances.

Message 6 of 14
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@neverrain wrote:

Funny thing is, I actually do have one for work that is completely maxxed out in memory, SSD, the whole nine.  But if I ever left here I would likely replace it.  It is a really nice computer and it's too convenient in a lot of circumstances.

u must b my twin

Message 7 of 14
neverrain
New Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@neverrain wrote:

u must b my twin

They are so great.  Expensive, but I think they are worth it in most cases.

Message 8 of 14
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Another Barclay's recon success story. I swear this board is like 98% on recon approvals. Congrats! This is a big step in the right direction for you and your credit profile.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 9 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

congrats !!

Great card to have Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.