Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for BOA Power Rewards Visa SECURED

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for BOA Power Rewards Visa SECURED

So if anyone was interested here is the follow up.  I received my card about 3-4 business days after I applied.  Looks and acts just like the regular power rewards card.  50.00$ statement credit after I make my first transaction of 50.00$ or more.  3x Bonus points for every dollar spent for the first few months! Awesome. I can't believe I have a secured card with all the benefits of the unsecured.  Im really happy so far. I hope this next year with the card is good.

Message 31 of 41
vish1
Valued Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

So if anyone was interested here is the follow up.  I received my card about 3-4 business days after I applied.  Looks and acts just like the regular power rewards card.  50.00$ statement credit after I make my first transaction of 50.00$ or more.  3x Bonus points for every dollar spent for the first few months! Awesome. I can't believe I have a secured card with all the benefits of the unsecured.  Im really happy so far. I hope this next year with the card is good.

I don't know if BofA crafted a deal for you or if you had a special promotion or was it just a typo but. BofA site says 3x bonus points only on Gas, Groceries & Drugstores.

The only downside of a BofA secured is that they report it as fully secured to CBs. I know FICO scoring doesn't account for it, but a manual review (if needed) may.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 32 of 41
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Where on the CR would it say secured? I checked my Experian report and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.
Message 33 of 41
texasman07
Established Contributor

sorry yea! it was a typo

Just 3x on gas and groceries......etc.

Im not applying for credit in the next year so if it says SECURED for a year wont bother me one bit.

I didnt see it on my experian report as SECURED just on TU and EQUIFAX

Message 34 of 41
vish1
Valued Contributor

I use monitoring from experian and the report in that used to say fully secured. Can't check anymore as its no longer secured.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 35 of 41
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

If they offer you the secured card do they give you time to think about it.

Message 36 of 41
texasman07
Established Contributor

YES. I had 60 days to consider the offer.

Message 37 of 41
texasman07
Established Contributor

Hey everyone, I just wanted to give out some information for those who want it.  SInce i have had this card I have been very pleased with its services except for one which is CSR's.  Okay so if you calll your number on the back of the card, but you have questions about your "SECURED" features there is another number you need to call. The CSR's number on the back of your card dont know anything about the Secured Card. Its like a differrent language or something. So here is the number to the secured department 1-888-260-4696 They are only open Monday Thru Friday from 8 to 5 EST. 

Now Second, if you want to increase your CL by adding funds to your secured deposit, call the number above and it is immediately withdrawn from your BOA checking or savings and the CL is available within 15 minutes!! Awesome!

If you call the regular number, again, they have no clue and will tell you to make a payment to increase your available credit. WRONG! Thats not why u called. 

Good luck everyone.

Message 38 of 41
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Is there an additional hard pull when trying to add funds?
Message 39 of 41
texasman07
Established Contributor

I seriously thought there was from what one of the CSR's told me. Again they know nothing. But I checked all my reports today and nothing! I made 2 additions in the past week. All have been approved. I know they do soft.

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.