cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Barclays... Denied for Lowe's.. What the what?

tag
Granitegirl

Approved for Barclays... Denied for Lowe's.. What the what?

So I decided to do a few apps yesterday. I have tons of GE cards like Walmart Discover, Sam's Discover, Old Navy Visa and they are so awesome with CLI's. My Walmart Discover just got bumped to $5k and I started at $2500 back in November. So I was APPALLED when I got approved for Barclays and shunned by Lowe's since they are GE. They have always showed me so much love Smiley Sad.

Pretty excited about the Barclay's though and most of my cards are really considered "store" cards besides my Capitol One. Even though I hear they can be a pain to deal with. Any advice?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for Barclays... Denied for Lowe's.. What the what?

Congrats on the Barclays approval! And for GE, I'm not sure how they are with recons, but it won't hurt to try.

Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What was the denial for Lowes for?

bet you should call and it's a security thing... especially with your other high GE cards!

Message 3 of 9
Granitegirl

Thank you! I received a text from Lifelock asking me if I applied to Lowe's for credit so I definitely think it's a security thing but I can't get GE to tell me anything about why my app was denied. If anyone has had success with that, please tell me how to handle it. Thank you!

Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Granitegirl wrote:

Thank you! I received a text from Lifelock asking me if I applied to Lowe's for credit so I definitely think it's a security thing but I can't get GE to tell me anything about why my app was denied. If anyone has had success with that, please tell me how to handle it. Thank you!

Try these:

GE Moneybank: 866-519-6441 (Credit Analyst/Credit Solutions)

Lowes Fraud/Underwriting/Credit Dept.: 800-444-1408 
Message 5 of 9
Granitegirl

Thanks so much! I will let you know how it goes!

Message 6 of 9
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

They might feel you have sufficient credit lines with them, and are possibly at max exposure for their lending criteria based on your income. Good luck if you recon though.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 7 of 9
Granitegirl

Update: I tried the recon w back door number with no luck. No explanation. He said I would have to wait on my letter. Fail. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Barclays but sorry to hear about Lowes. At least when you get the letter you will know what to work on and can apply again in a few months. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.