cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard!

tag
adamc123

Approved for Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard!

Just thought I'd share! I've applied twice before, but I was denied both times. It's crazy how much easier it is to get cards now that I have a longer and better credit history!

BTW, any way to find out my credit limit? I applied online and was approved instantly.

- Adam

Edit: My current scores are right around the 720 range according to USAA creditcheck. My AAoA is 6 months, UTIL is 29%, and income is 25K.

Most recent score: 717
Cards: USAA MasterCard ($500), USAA Amex ($500), Capital One Platinum Secured ($200), Orchard Bank Visa ($300), Amex Zync NPSL
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard!

@adamc123 wrote:

Just thought I'd share! I've applied twice before, but I was denied both times. It's crazy how much easier it is to get cards now that I have a longer and better credit history!

BTW, any way to find out my credit limit? I applied online and was approved instantly.

- Adam

Unfortunetly it's most likely another low limit card, especially the MasterCard version. You have an Amex now, why go back to subprime?

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 40
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

If I had to guess try https://www.hsbcapply.com/status/rewardzonemastercard MasterCard is usually very low limits to start and hard to get CLI. Believe your score was great for reg store card but maybe your AAoA held you back.
Message 3 of 40
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the card. RZMC also comes in prime flavor, a Platinum version with $5k+ line, 17.99% APR and the ability to earn Premier Silver status via non-BB purchases. Also includes all the 0% financing offers that the store card has.

Message 4 of 40
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Have a link? I didn't know they still offered that version.

@mxp114 wrote:

Congrats on the card. RZMC also comes in prime flavor, a Platinum version with $5k+ line, 17.99% APR and the ability to earn Premier Silver status via non-BB purchases. Also includes all the 0% financing offers that the store card has.

Message 5 of 40
adamc123

@Jake0215 wrote:

@adamc123 wrote:

- Adam

Unfortunetly it's most likely another low limit card, especially the MasterCard version. You have an Amex now, why go back to subprime?

I was wanting to take advantage of the 18 months same as cash plan... Hopefully I'll get a decent enough limit to do that. :/

Cards: USAA MasterCard ($500), USAA Amex ($500), Capital One Platinum Secured ($200), Orchard Bank Visa ($300), Amex Zync NPSL
Message 6 of 40
android01
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 7 of 40
Open123
Super Contributor

You can always call them for the CL.
This was definitely one of my favorite cards when I had it.  It's a great way to get to Premier Silver when general spending counts towards the $2,500.

Message 8 of 40
adamc123

$300. Lol.

Message 9 of 40
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@adamc123 wrote:

$300. Lol.

i would call and cancel the card before it reports there is a $60 AF. why didn't you get the normal store card?

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.