cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard!

tag
Braydon
New Contributor

Re: Approved for Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard!

I know why I got stuck with the Plan B card and thats because at the time my UTL was high and the my credit report had not yet updated to show the cards had been PIF two days prior. I should have known better than to apply but I did learn "AMX card never leave home without it" Smiley Frustrated

Message 21 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with a $4,00 limit around November 2010.

I am currently at $8,500.

I dont know why people talk bad about this card. If anything it has been one of the best cards I have used for points.

I am a HUGE tech nerd and buy most gifts from Best buy and some times things for myself.

We have spent more than $2,500 so we are now preimier silver and get even more points.

The added points from buying at best buy are very generous sometimes. Over the christmas break I bought a new phone and I had a ton of extra points added in.

Best buy points, Master card points, reward zone silver points, upgrade points, android phone points, and an extra 10% bonus.

We pay all our bills and put all purchases on this card.

We pay it off every month.

Message 22 of 40
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont know why people talk bad about this card. If anything it has been one of the best cards I have used for points.

I am a HUGE tech nerd and buy most gifts from Best buy and some times things for myself.

We have spent more than $2,500 so we are now preimier silver and get even more points.

The added points from buying at best buy are very generous sometimes. Over the christmas break I bought a new phone and I had a ton of extra points added in.

Best buy points, Master card points, reward zone silver points, upgrade points, android phone points, and an extra 10% bonus.

apparently this card is so worth it for techies who spend a lot of moolah in BB

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 23 of 40
aggieguy
New Contributor

Another data point: I started with $300 in July 2009, and just got a CLI (called in and no HP) to a whopping $600. It does have a $59 annual fee. I'm going to call in and see if they will waive it next month. If they won't I'm thinking I will just axe this card. The points aren't that valuable to me. I have a Discover More card and an Amex Zync. Not much room for this subprimer.

My Wallet: Discover $1500, CapitalOne Green $1500, Amex Zync NPSL, CU of TX $3000, Amazon Store $1000, Barclay Apple $1300

Chopping block: CreditOne $600, BestBuy $600, CapitalOne $500, CapitalOne $500
Message 24 of 40
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

The ones who complain are the ones who get stuck with low limits because they get stuck forever. I can see where they are coming from. Best Buy is a good card for the 0% financing IF you got good credit.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 25 of 40
marty56
Super Contributor

LOL I would use it quickly before BB goes belly up.

Seriously, I like store cards since they offer 0% APR and can help one establish good credit. 

IMHO for toys, Newegg is the only way to go,

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 26 of 40
greasypeanut
Established Member

i got this card when i worked at best buy when i was 19. my credit limit was less than a 1000. im 24 now and realized only half a year a go or so that you could do things like increase your credit limit. that being said my credit limit was upped to 2500 the first time i asked i asked a month or two later and it was bumped up to 2750 lol. but this card is amazing. the points you receive on it are great. ALOT of people think you can only use it at best buy....true sort of....you can buy amazon gift cards with reward zone points ;-) i pay everything with this card :-)

eq score 789-----ex score 794

CSP $10k - - - - - Freedom $11k
TY Pref $6.8k - - - - - Forward $13.1k
Blue $20k - - - - -Cash + $19.5k
Venture $15k - - - - -Best Buy RZ MC $4.5k (1st card 10 years ago, refuse to attempt CLI due to HP)
Message 27 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

back to OP, Im trying really hard to be supportive and congrats but then I see you have USAA and Zync and I just can't see the $300 CL and $69 AF.

And your idea of paying weekly and pushing lots through it... you bnetter plan on pushing those payments from your own banks bill pay, paying on the website or by mail you will get holds... maybe even with push from your checking you will get holds and I mean 14 day holds!!

Unless you find yourself starting with Platinum above $2k you can count on "Maybe" 1 increase from $300 up to $600 or maybe just $100...

I would not pay AF for this card and that tiny limit unless you needed it and you with Zync do NOT need HSBC now Capital One Best Buy MC.

Message 28 of 40
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I found myself looking around on the BB site. A buddy was approved for the card recently so I figured I'd submit one more app this year. I was declined for the store card but they were "nice enough" to offer me the Rewards Master Card.

We're sorry, but we will not be able to offer you a Reward Zone Credit Card right now. However, we're pleased to let you know that you are approved for a Reward Zone® Gold MasterCard®. This card allows you to earn up to 4% rewards at Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com and up to 2% everywhere else you shop. This card may also be used today to complete your purchase at BestBuy.com!

Offer expires 11/02/2012 *

Annual Fee: $39.00 

21.74%

This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

An introductory rate of 11.9% may be available for qualified purchases made at account opening for 48 months.

After that, your APR will be 21.74% based on your creditworthiness.

This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

Scolling lower it says the annual fee is $59.00 but the approval says $39.99. No mention of the credit limit so I called HSBC (Orchard Bank, now Cap 1).  The rep told me that the limit is $500.00.. I declined the offer for now but have a month if I change my mind. I'd maybe keep it for no annual fee or if it started in the $1500.-$2k range but I'm trying to work towards cards that start with an extra 0 before the decimal point. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 29 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being a technerd and shopping at best buy??.. something doesn't add up here.. In any case, why pay the annual fee if you can get same, if not better, rewards for no annual fee and less stringent terms?

As for 0% deals, there are plenty of BML deals on the web that you can use to buy things online after reading reviews..

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.