Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for BoA Secured!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for BoA Secured!

I'm very excited. I haven't received the card yet, but it's reporting as open on all 3 CRB's. Funny thing is No Inquiries! I'm thinking the reasons for that could be:

1.They recently denied me for an unsecured card. The denial letter had no counteroffer. This was in june. They did pull my TU and Ex back then.

2. I have a checking & savings acct with them. Have been banking with them for about 10 yrs.

I opened it with $400 and was very surprised to get approved as I am now just starting credit repair and have a lot of baddies to fix. It's my only open revolving account right now so I'm going to treat it right and hopefully it'll unsecure on schedule.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for BoA Secured!

Congrats!
Message 2 of 9
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Great Job!!! The best secured card out there!  Great card to grow and build with.
CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 3 of 9
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

How long after you applied did BOA approve?  I applied for the Secured CC a week ago and I still have not received an answer.  I went online to check the status of the application and it says the application is still in process and I will be contacted by email once the decision is made.

Thanks

v/r
JShidell
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied on saturday 8/23. On 8/27, they transferred the money out of my checking account. That was when I realized I was actually approved. They never actually notified me that I was approved with the exception maybe of the message that I got as soon as I submitted the application:

Your application has been submitted

Once we can successfully fund your Secured card account, we'll send you a card within a few weeks of receipt. As long as you make your payments on time, you may qualify for credit line increases in the future. In fact, the longer you use your card, the better your chance of building a solid credit record.

I received my card in the mail on 9/02.

JShidell wrote:
How long after you applied did BOA approve?  I applied for the Secured CC a week ago and I still have not received an answer.  I went online to check the status of the application and it says the application is still in process and I will be contacted by email once the decision is made.

Thanks

v/r
JShidell

Message 5 of 9
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Thank you,

I applied on 9/3/08 and still haven't heard anything and I've been checking my checkings account daily to see if they have withdrawn the money.  So actually I lied it hasn't been a full week yet but 5 days.  Hopefully within the next day or so I should know for sure.

I recieved the same message you did when I applied.

Thanks for the information.

v/r
JShidell
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 7 of 9
DEcreditguy
New Contributor

Ok, so I looked at my credit report this morning...my TrueCredit Ex FAKO is 765 as of this morning. I am at 1% utilization w/ 3 cards w/ perfect credit payment history. The 3rd card just hit the one year mark on my credit report yesterday and I got a CLI. My FICO should be well over 700 now....trying to pull it as we speak. I just tried getting preapproved at the BOA site and they said all I can get is a secured card??? WTF. I have never had a BK and I have one CA that is 5 yrs old, paid, and a mistake I've been working to get rid of for a couple of months now. I should get approved for a visa platinum....right??
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

greenterp wrote:
Ok, so I looked at my credit report this morning...my TrueCredit Ex FAKO is 765 as of this morning. I am at 1% utilization w/ 3 cards w/ perfect credit payment history. The 3rd card just hit the one year mark on my credit report yesterday and I got a CLI. My FICO should be well over 700 now....trying to pull it as we speak. I just tried getting preapproved at the BOA site and they said all I can get is a secured card??? WTF. I have never had a BK and I have one CA that is 5 yrs old, paid, and a mistake I've been working to get rid of for a couple of months now. I should get approved for a visa platinum....right??

From my understanding there pre approval site is not very accurate with your scores u should be able to get approved for one of there unsecured cards.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.