Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for BofA Student Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for BofA Student Visa

I apped for the student visa and it had been a week. Online it said they were still looking at it, but gave me a number to call for a senior credit analysis. This morning I bit the bullet and called with not a lot of hope. The first girl I spoke to was nice but said that she wasn't able to pull my application up because of an error in the system so she transferred me to someone higher up. This lady was very nice and reopened my application to review. She just asked me questions about stuff on my credit report, what I use my capitalone cards for (I have $200 balances on both of them from tuition and books that I'm paying off this month), and we chatted about school. After about 5 minutes she told me she was able to approve me for a CL of $600 Smiley Happy So happy to get someone other than capital one. They've been good to me, but I have starter cards with them that will probably never grow. I've heard of people being able to PC from the BofA student visa after about a year, so I'm excited.

Thanks to everyone in this forum. I've learned so much here Smiley Happy

Now off to the garden!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for BofA Student Visa

Congrats! Just got this card a few months ago. I also had to call in and talk to a rep just with the usual questions and she approved me for $800 CL. Probably going to ask for a CLI if I don't get an auto one in April.

The card itself is nothing special, mainly just a way to get in with Bank of America. The interest rate is way better than Cap1, if you ever want to carry a balance. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.