cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for CSP, app for Freedom ignored?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for CSP, app for Freedom ignored?

How did you fill out the Freedom app? Did you use another browser or incognito mode? If you just navigate to the Freedom after being approved for the CSP, it may see your CSP session information and confuse them, never submitting the Freedom app.
Message 31 of 45
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

I didn't do anything fancy at all before applying for the freedom card.  I simply applied for CSP.  It said "Your applicatino needs further review please wait 7-10 days"

I immediately, in same browser, no reload, no incognito, just clicked over to the freedom card and applied. I then got a popup that said "Your application status is pending"

I only recieved the one email.

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 32 of 45
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@mccallb wrote:

Any thoughts on this?

Sounds like it's just pending.  You can't assume that a decision on one means that you should have a decision on the other.  If you're curious about the status then call recon and see what's going on.  Otherwise, wait it out and see what happens.

@mccallb wrote:

If I call them back, or apply again, will it still use the same HP they used to give me the CSP, or will I incur another HP?

If they were going to use the same HP (no idea if they would or not), calling won't change that.  Applying again will likely incur another HP if it isn't outright rejected without any consideration.  Again, you'd need to call if you want answers now or you can wait it out.  We can speculate but we're not Chase and we don't have access to your report(s) and score(s).

Why would you apply again without checking on your existing application status first?

Message 33 of 45
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

It sounds like the consensus later in the thread is that the other app may not have even gone through at all.

Also, the reason I applied for freedom right after CSP, is that was what was suggested to me in another thread, in order to try to combine the HPs.

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 34 of 45
Gmood1
Super Contributor

It didn't go thru. I had the same issue when double apping Chase. You have to close all browsers then go back in and app 2nd card.
Message 35 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mccallb wrote:

I didn't do anything fancy at all before applying for the freedom card.  I simply applied for CSP.  It said "Your applicatino needs further review please wait 7-10 days"

I immediately, in same browser, no reload, no incognito, just clicked over to the freedom card and applied. I then got a popup that said "Your application status is pending"

I only recieved the one email.

Yes, so the CSP session persisted and the 2nd application was not accepted. A lot of misinformation coming through in this thread. In the future with a AoR, you want to use two different browsers or one regular and one incognito. 

This method was successful for me to apply for both SW personal cards within 5 seconds of each other and approved for identical CLs. 

Message 36 of 45
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so at this point, is there any consensus on if I should call the CSR and see if they will app me for freedom using the same HP that happened last week?

I doubt anyone can tell me what the website will do at this point, and like I said, of paramount importance is not getting another HP.

But I'd love the card if I can get it for "free"

Message 37 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no guarantee at this point, but if no HP is what you want most, call and see if they'll combine. I've read one report that they will use an existing HP. No personal experience. Couldn't hurt to call and ask.
Message 38 of 45
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

^This pretty much. If it's been a week, it's highly unlikely they'll combine pulls, to be honest. But you can still call and ask.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 39 of 45
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

First call and find out if there is an app or not for the freedom, this should be your first step now as you don't believe it went through and make your decision from there.  Never happened to me, but obviously other people here it has been.. If it did go through then obviously don't apply for it again if it hasn't then apply through the website again..  Most likely if it didn't go through you will get another HP or two for the freedom.  If you ask the CSR or whomever you speak with on the phone if they will use the same HP they most certainly will say it will be another HP

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.