cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase Freedom! (forgive prev posting error)

tag
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Approved for Chase Freedom! (forgive prev posting error)

Hi Everyone! I want to start off by saying Thank You to any and every one that has ever posted to this forum. I've been addicted for the past year but never posted. You all have helped me with credit repair and today, with receiving my first prime card. Impulse caused me to apply for Walmart Discover and Chase Freedom on Sunday night. I received only the Walmart credit card, and got the 30 day message for Chase. Per my research here, I called the back door number for Chase and was told I was denied because of a 60day late a year ago, and two old credit card accounts (paid) from 5 years ago. No luck. I came back to the forums and got the courage to make a second call to the back door #. The next time I got a pleasant rep and immediately pleaded my case. It was good to have the previous denial information so I knew how to address the issues. After a few holds and verifying some info, she said she was recommending me for approval and I'd hear in 7-10 days. Just an hour or so ago I received a call from Chase again verifying info. At the end of this call I was told CONGRATULATIONS!  My limit is only $1000, but as it is my first prime card, I can't complain. 

My history: old bankruptcies (7 & 13) from bad decisions and worse advice. Both have dropped off. Random collection accounts. Armed with the information from this forum I had several collections removed. Obtained some starter cards and, for the past year, have built a good payment history. My wallet:

Credit One $400

Orchard $400

Cap 1 $500

First National / Legacy $1000 (just raised from $750 per letter rcvd today)

JC Penny $1200

Walmart $800

WFNNB $400

Chase $1000

For the first time in, forever, I really feel in control over this aspect of my life and I'm thankful to all of you for the advice and courage to act. 

Now, should I recon for a higher limit from Chase? Hmmm..... 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for Chase Freedom! (forgive prev posting error)

I think my posting excitement had me all carried away :-)

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 2 of 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats, welcome to primeville!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 11
mokong
Regular Contributor

congratz.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait so they approved you with a late and what other negative information?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to Primeville OP

Congrats!!!!!
Message 6 of 11
bribro
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP!
TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 7 of 11
journey258
Frequent Contributor

I had a 30 and 60 late from july 2011 that furniture store would not GW; a first premier credit card account (paid in settlement) and a charged off continental finance acct (which I am working on due to the FDIC ruling). 

I'm still trying to decide if I should call today to recon for a higher limit. The worse that could happen is they say no, right?

Message 8 of 11
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@journey258 wrote:

I had a 30 and 60 late from july 2011 that furniture store would not GW; a first premier credit card account (paid in settlement) and a charged off continental finance acct (which I am working on due to the FDIC ruling). 

I'm still trying to decide if I should call today to recon for a higher limit. The worse that could happen is they say no, right?

That CF/FBD account should come off fairly quickly. Just dispute with the CRA's and cite the case...you can do it via snail mail if you want to really send in the details but you don't really have to..the account will fall off naturally due to CRA not being able to verify!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 9 of 11
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I disputed and simply cited the case #. Just waiting "patiently" now :-)

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.