cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase PerfectCard!

Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Chase PerfectCard!

Congrats - very nice!! Smiley Happy

I'd concur with Hauling re: the AmEx app - don't do it! If I were you, I'd wait and see who emerges from the current mess as the kind of lender you'd actually want to be doing business with.   

EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)
Message 11 of 14
New Contributor

Yeah, it's a good idea.  If you caught my earlier post, I ended up applying for a Citi Amex to get my feet wet with Amex.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks! 

Message 12 of 14
Established Contributor

billsfan14 wrote:

Yeah, it's a good idea.  If you caught my earlier post, I ended up applying for a Citi Amex to get my feet wet with Amex.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks! 

Aha - good luck with that one, then! I read your post earlier, was about to reply, then got distracted... and came back and replied hours later. Hadn't caught the bit about the new app. I hope you get it - those AmEx-network-cards-not-issued-by-AmEx tend to have some pretty good rewards & benefits, so... fingers crossed! Smiley Happy

EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)
Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
Moderator Emerita

That's a great card, but American Express (the bank) will have no knowledge of your Citi AmEx card.

Your card is a co-branded AmEx. You get a lot of the buyer protection stuff that we think of in connection with American Express, but it's a Citi card.

I happen to think that co-branded AmEx cards are great. You can use them to get all the consumer goodies without worrying about the actual AmEx weirding out on you.

eta: fevmlo outtyped me!
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-08-2009 06:19 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 14