Established Contributor
fevmlo

Re: Approved for Chase PerfectCard!

Congrats - very nice!! :smileyhappy:

I'd concur with Hauling re: the AmEx app - don't do it! If I were you, I'd wait and see who emerges from the current mess as the kind of lender you'd actually want to be doing business with.   

EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)
New Contributor
billsfan14

Yeah, it's a good idea.  If you caught my earlier post, I ended up applying for a Citi Amex to get my feet wet with Amex.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks! 

2/21 - TU 637 EQ 643
3/21 - TU 691 EQ 711

Established Contributor
fevmlo

billsfan14 wrote:

Yeah, it's a good idea.  If you caught my earlier post, I ended up applying for a Citi Amex to get my feet wet with Amex.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks! 

Aha - good luck with that one, then! I read your post earlier, was about to reply, then got distracted... and came back and replied hours later. Hadn't caught the bit about the new app. I hope you get it - those AmEx-network-cards-not-issued-by-AmEx tend to have some pretty good rewards & benefits, so... fingers crossed! :smileyhappy:

EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

[ Edited ]
That's a great card, but American Express (the bank) will have no knowledge of your Citi AmEx card.

Your card is a co-branded AmEx. You get a lot of the buyer protection stuff that we think of in connection with American Express, but it's a Citi card.

I happen to think that co-branded AmEx cards are great. You can use them to get all the consumer goodies without worrying about the actual AmEx weirding out on you.

eta: fevmlo outtyped me!
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-08-2009 06:19 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}