cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase Slate and Freedom Cards....time to combine Cap1 ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Chase Slate and Freedom Cards....time to combine Cap1 ??

Ok so I just got off the phone with a Chase rep.

I asked if they could just combine the two cards. She told me no they couldnt combine the two because they are two different cards?

But Im reading threads on here about others being able to combine them?

(I was approved for the Freedom Unlimted and the Slate, it that helps any....

Message 11 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so I just got off the phone with a Chase rep.

I asked if they could just combine the two cards. She told me no they couldnt combine the two because they are two different cards?

But Im reading threads on here about others being able to combine them?

(I was approved for the Freedom Unlimted and the Slate, it that helps any....

This thread is a bit all over the place... to clear the air, you have now applied and been approved for two Chase cards?  Somewhere we went from pre-approved mailers to an approval but I missed it.

As for account combinations, I think you might be confusing Chase with Capital One.  With Capital One, once the newest account is six months old (or sometimes earlier) you can go online and combine the accounts (you choose which will be closed).  Other than this, there is no reallocation option with Capital One.

With Chase, there is no 'combine' option... if you have a card you want to close, though, you can usually get a CSR to move some/all of the credit line to another card before closing. 

So, if you have a Slate and a Freedom Unlimited you might be able to move credit lines around, but the CSR is correct in that you can't 'combine' them.  I understand this might seem like I'm parsing words, but what you specifically ask them for makes a difference.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I titled the thread as "APPROVED". Not sure where the confusion started? It was indicated that I responded to the pre-approval mailers. 

But either way, I guess Im just using the wrong terminology. 

I called again tonight (because one of the cards has not arrived) and then asked the rep again if I could "combine" them, she said yes.

As UncleB  stated above, she explained they could move the slate credit line over to the Freedom Unlimted. But she said she needed to transfer me to their "Lending Department" and they were closed for the night.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.