Reply
Valued Contributor
nyccc2
Posts: 1,195
Registered: ‎12-13-2007
0

Approved for Chase on recon wondering if I made a mistake...

First go round they were concerned about Cap1 CO from 2001 and my maxed out $3k card. They totally discounted the AUs on personal review (a good reason to not have personal reviews).

So I PIF my 3 personal cards, $3, $2k, $750.

Faxed them screenshots of my accounts, asked for $10k.

They said no because 1) highest CL so far is $3k and 2) Score and Cap1.

Now if I had waited for 30 days, the Cap1 should be off, and my scores should be way up (30 points or so I'm guessing) due to the zero utilization.

Do you think I should call back and decline and re-apply when scores are 730/740 instead of 710 and Cap1 is gone and zeroed out? This was a computer review will probably do the trick...
MyFico Scores (TU/Exp/Efx):

11/02/08 696 / 695/ 737- 5/4/08: 667 / 703 / 668 - 11/07 Low 500s All (Fako)
Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Approved for Chase on recon wondering if I made a mistake...

If you wait your highest CL will still be 3K. What did they give you 3K?
Valued Contributor
nyccc2
Posts: 1,195
Registered: ‎12-13-2007
0

Re: Approved for Chase on recon wondering if I made a mistake...



smallfry wrote:
If you wait your highest CL will still be 3K. What did they give you 3K?




They gave me $5k. I was thinking if I wait my Cap1 (which they took into account) would be gone, my scores would be up, and possible there would no manual review as opposed to instant review, and I'm guessing instant review does NOT discount the AU Status
MyFico Scores (TU/Exp/Efx):

11/02/08 696 / 695/ 737- 5/4/08: 667 / 703 / 668 - 11/07 Low 500s All (Fako)
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Approved for Chase on recon wondering if I made a mistake...



nyccc2 wrote:


smallfry wrote:
If you wait your highest CL will still be 3K. What did they give you 3K?




They gave me $5k. I was thinking if I wait my Cap1 (which they took into account) would be gone, my scores would be up, and possible there would no manual review as opposed to instant review, and I'm guessing instant review does NOT discount the AU Status


You never know.  Approval algorithms can be very complex.  It would not be difficult to write one that ignores AU accounts.
 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Approved for Chase on recon wondering if I made a mistake...



cheddar wrote:


nyccc2 wrote:


smallfry wrote:
If you wait your highest CL will still be 3K. What did they give you 3K?




They gave me $5k. I was thinking if I wait my Cap1 (which they took into account) would be gone, my scores would be up, and possible there would no manual review as opposed to instant review, and I'm guessing instant review does NOT discount the AU Status


You never know. Approval algorithms can be very complex. It would not be difficult to write one that ignores AU accounts.



Absolutely and 5K is not an unworkable limit to start out at with Chase especially considering it is a fair amount over your highest limit.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}