cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase on recon wondering if I made a mistake...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Chase on recon wondering if I made a mistake...

First go round they were concerned about Cap1 CO from 2001 and my maxed out $3k card. They totally discounted the AUs on personal review (a good reason to not have personal reviews).

So I PIF my 3 personal cards, $3, $2k, $750.

Faxed them screenshots of my accounts, asked for $10k.

They said no because 1) highest CL so far is $3k and 2) Score and Cap1.

Now if I had waited for 30 days, the Cap1 should be off, and my scores should be way up (30 points or so I'm guessing) due to the zero utilization.

Do you think I should call back and decline and re-apply when scores are 730/740 instead of 710 and Cap1 is gone and zeroed out? This was a computer review will probably do the trick...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved for Chase on recon wondering if I made a mistake...

If you wait your highest CL will still be 3K. What did they give you 3K?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

They gave me $5k. I was thinking if I wait my Cap1 (which they took into account) would be gone, my scores would be up, and possible there would no manual review as opposed to instant review, and I'm guessing instant review does NOT discount the AU Status
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

They gave me $5k. I was thinking if I wait my Cap1 (which they took into account) would be gone, my scores would be up, and possible there would no manual review as opposed to instant review, and I'm guessing instant review does NOT discount the AU Status

You never know.  Approval algorithms can be very complex.  It would not be difficult to write one that ignores AU accounts.

Message 4 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

You never know. Approval algorithms can be very complex. It would not be difficult to write one that ignores AU accounts.

Absolutely and 5K is not an unworkable limit to start out at with Chase especially considering it is a fair amount over your highest limit.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.