Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Citi Dividend After An Invite To Apply,

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Approved for Citi Dividend After An Invite To Apply,

This was an application with a invitation number, not a Pre approval

Step 5: Final Summary Thank You! Thank you for applying for Citi® Dividend Card. Your application is pending further review and we need additional information from you. Please call 1-866-606-2787 now to receive an immediate decision. Agents are available now to quickly complete the processing of your application. I decided to call immediatley . After verifiying name and Address I was on hold for what seemed like eternity and they came back and I was approved for $10,900. Card should arrive in 7 - 10 days. Apr 0% for 18 months until April 2014 on Purchases 21 months for BT Equifax 805 Fico Tu 801 Fico Experian unknownSmiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Citi Dividend After An Invite To Apply,

Congrats on your approval!  I love mine, and have been using it alot.  i am wondering though if they will send you the World card, or just the Platinum Select.  I've heard they are converting most of the Dividend Platinum Select over to the World card, and am not sure if that is only once the credit line is at 5k and higher.  Mine started at 5.5k, and i haven't received anything yet telling me that.  Anyway, enjoy your card, and don't forget to sign up for quarterly categories.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 2 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

Nice CL well not surprising judging by your FICO's

Message 3 of 14
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Thanks, I asked the Rep was it a World Card because the application says "world" he told me it's just the standard dividend and that it will report. I already have The Diamond and the Citi Professional Card which is no longer on the website
Message 4 of 14
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Does an invitation number practically guarantee that you'll be approved?

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 5 of 14
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Well they must have looked at your file because when I received an invitation, I entered the code # and the application was already pre filled out. So where did they get the info from? Has to be an agency, but to really answer your question it does NOT mean a guaranteed approval no more than a pre approval does because things could have changed in your file since the offer, but in my strange case THEY DID NOT DO A HARD PULL TO OPEN THE NEW ACCOUNTSmiley Surprised

Message 6 of 14
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Lucky you, I called and was on hold forever only to be told that I have to wait for a response via e-mail in the next 7-10 days. Apparently being a loyal customer means nothing.

Message 7 of 14
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

Lucky you, I called and was on hold forever only to be told that I have to wait for a response via e-mail in the next 7-10 days. Apparently being a loyal customer means nothing.

Hi frogfan -

Have you received your response yet?  I received an invitation also but not sure if I should apply.  I have a CitiAdvantage with them already in good standing but the UTIL is over 50% on it.  I don't know if they do a hard or soft pull and if they're gonna deny me based on the UTIL, then I don't want to waste an inquiry.  I'm still anxious to apply though.  LOL

Wy

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 14
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@crazysxycool wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

Hi frogfan -

Have you received your response yet?  I received an invitation also but not sure if I should apply.  I have a CitiAdvantage with them already in good standing but the UTIL is over 50% on it.  I don't know if they do a hard or soft pull and if they're gonna deny me based on the UTIL, then I don't want to waste an inquiry.  I'm still anxious to apply though.  LOL

Wy

When I applied over the phone, my application didn't go through. I was kind of upset but when I called back, the CSR encouraged me to go online to apply. I'm so glad that I did because a) they give you a quicker response and b) I was approved for a CL of $5K. You might want to lower your util % before applying though...I pretty much PIF my card because it was hovering around 70%ish before I applied.

Message 9 of 14
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

@crazysxycool wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

Hi frogfan -

Wy

When I applied over the phone, my application didn't go through. I was kind of upset but when I called back, the CSR encouraged me to go online to apply. I'm so glad that I did because a) they give you a quicker response and b) I was approved for a CL of $5K. You might want to lower your util % before applying though...I pretty much PIF my card because it was hovering around 70%ish before I applied.

Well my overall UTIL is around 32% so I would hope they'd take that into consideration.  I still have a month and 1/2 to apply, since the invite ends 12/31.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.