Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Citi Dividend with 5% rotating categories

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Approved for Citi Dividend with 5% rotating categories

I'm surprised!  They gave me a $9400 limit, 0% on purchases/balance transfers for 15 months.  If I spend $750 in 3 months, they'll give me $150 (I didn't know about that part!).  I do not know who they pulled yet but I have another Citi card (Diamond Preferred) with a $2700 balance on it so I wasn't sure how they'd react to that.  I'm extremely pleased with this outcome.

I just looked and am not sure if it's the World card as it has the same exact description:

https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-dividend-card/

I wanted to convert my Diamond Preferred card to this card next year but figured I would apply for it now since it has the 5% this quarter on "department, clothing, electronics and toy store purchases" - think Christmas:  https://dividend.quarterlyoffer.citi.com/

Just thought I'd share.  I'm glad to know the holiday shopping will earn me some money back this year!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Re: Approved for Citi Dividend with 5% rotating categories

Please tell me who they pulled..I'm thinking about a city card .

Thanks

clocktick wrote:

I'm surprised!  They gave me a $9400 limit, 0% on purchases/balance transfers for 15 months.  If I spend $750 in 3 months, they'll give me $150 (I didn't know about that part!).  I do not know who they pulled yet but I have another Citi card (Diamond Preferred) with a $2700 balance on it so I wasn't sure how they'd react to that.  I'm extremely pleased with this outcome.

I just looked and am not sure if it's the World card as it has the same exact description:

https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-dividend-card/

I wanted to convert my Diamond Preferred card to this card next year but figured I would apply for it now since it has the 5% this quarter on "department, clothing, electronics and toy store purchases" - think Christmas:  https://dividend.quarterlyoffer.citi.com/

Just thought I'd share.  I'm glad to know the holiday shopping will earn me some money back this year!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not the OP, but I apped for the Citi Simplicity MC after receiving a crapton of 'prescreened' mail for a couple of months. They pulled TU for me, but I also had EQ frozen at the time to try and force their hand.

Instant approval of $7400, 0% APR for 18 months. I was ~745 FICO with 3% util. No baddies.

Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats..

Message 4 of 8
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not the OP, but I apped for the Citi Simplicity MC after receiving a crapton of 'prescreened' mail for a couple of months. They pulled TU for me, but I also had EQ frozen at the time to try and force their hand.

Instant approval of $7400, 0% APR for 18 months. I was ~745 FICO with 3% util. No baddies.

Thanks for the reply..guess I have to pass..my scores are in the mid 600's except EQ is 681 and have old

baddies with 0 util.

Message 5 of 8
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Small print says an additional 4% ..good deal on top of the 5% if I'm reading it correctly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Within 2 business days of when you accept this offer, or October 1, 2011, whichever is later, you will earn an additional 4% cash back on transactions identified as purchases made at standalone department, clothing, electronics, and toy stores from October 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011.

Online, catalog, mail order and telephone purchases are not eligible to receive additional cash back unless the merchants identify the transactions as being made at a department, clothing, electronics or toy store. We do not determine whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions as being made at a department, clothing, electronics or toy store. However, we do reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for the additional 4% cash back.

In order to qualify for this offer, the account must be open and current at all times. If your account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another product, you may no longer be eligible. Unless you received an offer indicating otherwise, you may earn up to $300 cash back per calendar year.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's referring to the 5% I believe. 1% base + 4% for the category.

Message 7 of 8
clocktick
Valued Contributor

My last Citi card and a Citi Shell card were both EQ for me so I'm guessing that's what they pulled, but will know for sure soon.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.