Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Citi Simplicity!

tag
Shiu
Valued Member

Approved for Citi Simplicity!

I just got approved for the Simplicity card last night because I wanted to take advantage of the 0% for 18 months.

They approved me with a CL of $2000 but I was hoping to do a BT of about $3-4K.

Would it be a good idea to call CS and ask for a higher limit? Would it be another HP?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Citi Simplicity!

@Shiu wrote:

I just got approved for the Simplicity card last night because I wanted to take advantage of the 0% for 18 months.

They approved me with a CL of $2000 but I was hoping to do a BT of about $3-4K.

Would it be a good idea to call CS and ask for a higher limit? Would it be another HP?

Thanks in advance!

CONGRATS!!!

It wouldnt hurt to see if they can raise the CL, give it a shot!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 22
flipdc
Valued Member

Don't waste your time. I have 3 CC with them you have to have at least 6 months with them before they give you an increase.
FlipDC
Starting Score: 638 fico eq 7/11
Current Score: 648 fico eq 8/12, 686 fico tu 8/12. 1/13 TU 661
2013 Score: EX 654, EQ 610, TU 625
Goal Score: 740 1/14
In my Wallet: Discover more 4k,Citi plat 5k,Citi simplicity 3k,Citi diamond 1k,Cap1 cash 750/2500,Cap1 plat 750/2500,Kanes Furn, Walmart 900/2200, Macys 600.
Message 3 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ugh! Citi just isnt great!! Btw you really can only use like 30% of that 2,000 limit without losing points om FIcO. :-0
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@flipdc wrote:
Don't waste your time. I have 3 CC with them you have to have at least 6 months with them before they give you an increase.

Did you try to recon CL as soon as you were approved?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 22
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@flipdc wrote:

This is true. Citi is pretty firm about starting CL.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved last week for Simplicity for 3000, I just called today the back door #  and the rep asked me my income, expenses and how much I was looking for. I also told them that I will do a balance transfer and they immediately responded and were like ooooooooooooooooooooh. Told me I will have a response in 30 minutes. I asked for 6000. Wish me luck!!!

Message 7 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved last week for Simplicity for 3000, I just called today the back door #  and the rep asked me my income, expenses and how much I was looking for. I also told them that I will do a balance transfer and they immediately responded and were like ooooooooooooooooooooh. Told me I will have a response in 30 minutes. I asked for 6000. Wish me luck!!!

Fingers crossed for you!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

They told me no, too soon asking for that much Smiley Sad I guess I'll have to wait and bring my utilization down.

Message 9 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They told me no, too soon asking for that much Smiley Sad I guess I'll have to wait and bring my utilization down.

sorry to hear Smiley Sad

How high is your util?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.