Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Discover More!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Discover More!!!

Currently disputing a baddie that showed up which should not be there on my EQ report, but decided to pull the trigger on the offer I received for the Discover more card so I could transfer the Balance of my cap1 ventureone card for 0% interest for 15months...Well got the "Application under review, please allow 5-7 days" message so called the Backdoor recon number and spoke with CSR who asked a few questions and told me they could not approve me for the same offer I got in the mail but countered with a higher interest rate of 22% instead of 18%. So i asked which CR they pulled and of coarse they had to pull EQ which has the disputed item on it that dropped my score 40 points fro 714 to 677, so before accepting the new offer I asked if I could call in when the dispute was resolved and change my interest rate and I was told that after 6 months I could call in and ask for a review of my account for lowering my rate and CLI. I thought that was fair since I only plan to pay off the 0% apr balance transfer and pay for gas here and there.

So I accepted and finally got in with Discover, first time ever with a $2000 CL!!! My second highest CL. Now I can call and cancel my FP card!!!

Has anyone been successfull lowering there interest rates with Discover? or was I fed rubbish from the CSR.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Discover More!!!

I was told the same about asking for a review down the line, so unless they are training all CSRs to tell tall tales, it should be good. Good luck.
Message 2 of 14
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Oh I forgot...Congrats on your new Discover card!
Message 3 of 14
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! I just got approved a few days ago also for discover

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Discover on a roll lately. They approved me with my highest limit too.

Message 5 of 14
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, I also was approved with a 5000CL last week, hoping that CL will grow with the account to make it usable.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 14
missji
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!  I was also approved for Discover More in late August - much to my surprise.

Gardening as of June 2020. No activity until January 2023 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Scores (6/30/2020): EQ 640 | EX 660 | TU 658
Current Scores (05/22/2021): EQ 678 | EX 714 | TU 689
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 14
screeema
Valued Member

woo hoo, I just got accepted as well!!

Only $1000 limit but its a start...

How are they on recon for a higher limit?? Anyone know??

Message 8 of 14
Booner72
Senior Contributor

It's so fun to call and cancel FP!  I tried last week but they offered me 45 bucks to keep it open.  Spent the 45 bucks on school clothes and then closed it.  Smiley Happy

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 9 of 14
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

CONGRATS! 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.