Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Discover More

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Discover More

I got approved for the discover more with 1000 CL.  Yeah!!  I applied a day after the amex zync and check my application online, said they need more info called them up in the morning and boom got it!! as soon as my capital one statement comes out on the 17 im closing that card since its a secured card ...im good  and ready to garden another six months with just my zync and discover .....

thanks forum.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Discover More

Two good pickups. Congrats on your cards. Take care of those TLs.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats my plan... skys the limit and im heading for it lol . Dont get me wrong ima close my secured card but i will try again later in a few years of history for a venture card. i like the perks .

Message 3 of 8
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Im there with ya. lol Discover More  & Amex. Congrats.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 4 of 8
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Nice going with the Discover and Amex!! 

Do you happen to use cash or a debit card at all?  Although it seems most places will take either the Disco or Amex, you may "need" that Cap One if a place only takes Visa/MC.

Anyway, you have 2 great cards there and seem to be on the right track.  Way to go!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got approved for the discover more with 1000 CL.  Yeah!!  I applied a day after the amex zync and check my application online, said they need more info called them up in the morning and boom got it!! as soon as my capital one statement comes out on the 17 im closing that card since its a secured card ...im good  and ready to garden another six months with just my zync and discover .....

thanks forum.

CONGRATS!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

NICE... I'm really starting to think I need to try myself for a Discover Card soon... they seem to be getting a little easier to get foot in door to proove yourself... I really like it!!

Message 7 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Discover and Amex customer service is top notch Smiley Happy  And they will definately grow with you....  Congrats!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.