Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Discover More!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Discover More!

Hey Guys,

I applied Monday night for a Discover More card. I received the dreaded 30 days message. So, i decided to call them up and see if they needed any more info to make a decision. They did, I had to go through a process to verify my identity. (My house was broken into in early February and I put a fraud alert out on my credit file since my laptop was stolen with personal info on it)

Anyways, the guy came back on the line and said, "Sir, you've been approved with a credit line of $2,500". Woohoo! They matched my current CL with BoA.

I will also receive $25 cash back after spending $250 in the first 3 months of having the card. Won't be hard with gas and school.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
konabill
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for Discover More!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Guys,

I applied Monday night for a Discover More card. I received the dreaded 30 days message. So, i decided to call them up and see if they needed any more info to make a decision. They did, I had to go through a process to verify my identity. (My house was broken into in early February and I put a fraud alert out on my credit file since my laptop was stolen with personal info on it)

Anyways, the guy came back on the line and said, "Sir, you've been approved with a credit line of $2,500". Woohoo! They matched my current CL with BoA.

I will also receive $25 cash back after spending $250 in the first 3 months of having the card. Won't be hard with gas and school.

Very nice way to start the week !   CONGRATS.    What were your scores when you applied? 

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last time I checked, they were in the low 700's. I have some inq's that need to fall off. I've never had a late payment. My oldest account is 3 years and my Average age of accounts is 1 year 4 months

Message 3 of 12

I apped for a Discover More Monday and got an instant approval

for a $3500 TL.

Scores are in the high 600s (690ish avg. ), most recent derog was 3+ years ago

and its Paid. AAoA is 3 years roughly with 10-14 TLs open (CCs and Autoloans).

Message 4 of 12
happy0510
Established Contributor

Congrats!! I want this card in the next year Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Yeah I love my Discover More card!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats!
Message 8 of 12
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I applied for this card 4/17/11, and got the 30 day message. They called me to verify income and other info on app. They asked about my BK (from 7/2002), wanted to know circumstances of BK. Approved for $4000K limit. This is not my highest limit (some other limits are 5K - 7.5K), but it's OK with me. They asked was this a sufficient limit for my needs...I didn't want to push my luck so I said it was fine. They did say that the account would be eligible for a CLI after six months. :clapping:

I apped for this after I got a pre-approval in the mail, I figured since they pull EQ, and I only had 3 INQ's on EQ, I would give it a shot. I have apped for them in the past and was denied, in part due to BK, so maybe the BK needs to be older.

Like I said, they pulled EQ, current EQ fico is 703, current CC utilization 4%. BK was in 2002, No lates, etc. since that time. Credit has been re-established, have accounts with AMEX (Delta Gold, Gold Premium Rewards, Alliant, UMB, and several others).

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 9 of 12
credithappy
Regular Contributor

Congra I am happy for you. I need to see if they would approve me again my BK gets remove at the end of this year. No, I do not think so I just got 4 AMEX this year and I do not want to have so many inquiries on my credit reports.
Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.