Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Discover and Capital one declined for Chase and Citibank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Discover and Capital one declined for Chase and Citibank

Had an app spree over the weekend. Chase and Citibank used experian and I have one old unpaid collection for about $300 showing on experianc only - I am trying to settle with the Collection agency for removal. Overall I am happy. My fico scores are all between 700-750 but I don;t have many trade lines. Hate that I have to get minor credit and play this game . I have a debit card and money I have no real need for a credit card. I will buy coffee , a book and gas from time to time and pif . Hopefully citibank and chase will show me some love after I get the Collection removed.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Discover and Capital one declined for Chase and Citibank

Congrats....
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Had an app spree over the weekend. Chase and Citibank used experian and I have one old unpaid collection for about $300 showing on experianc only - I am trying to settle with the Collection agency for removal. Overall I am happy. My fico scores are all between 700-750 but I don;t have many trade lines. Hate that I have to get minor credit and play this game . I have a debit card and money I have no real need for a credit card. I will buy coffee , a book and gas from time to time and pif . Hopefully citibank and chase will show me some love after I get the Collection removed.

Hopefully that $300 debt will fall off soon.....And Congrats on the Discover.....still haven't gotten one of those yet.Smiley Wink maybe later when i hit 800, i hear they sometimes have a stick up their rear's I've been told.Smiley Very Happy So I'll wait till i know for sure I'll get it, I probably could get it now but I'll wait till i hit the BIG 800 but in any case CONGRATS once again on your cardSmiley Wink

King

Message 3 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats! The Discover Open Road card is a great card for PIF'ing and collecting some good cash back. 5% back on pay at the pump. Can't beat it.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Tracy.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Discover approval--what type of cl did they give you? Im looking into maybe getting a discover after I close....Im hoping for atleast a $5000 line

Message 6 of 7
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

Hey, when you get your card you can use "Shop Discover" for Barnes and Noble online and get 10% cash back.  I combine that with my 10% BN membership discount and the regular coupons they send - just have to make sure I spend at least $25 (never a problem) to get free shipping.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.