Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Discover!

tag
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Approved for Discover!

Finally got in with Discover! Applied 03/02/2011 online and it said they needed to verify more information before giving an answer. Got a call around 5:00pm last night at my office from a Discover Credit Analyst who wanted to ask a few more questions about myself and my report.

He placed me on a brief hold and came back and said "Congratulations and welcome to Discover!" Got a starting credit line of $7,000, which was a little shocking, since they had turned me down for "insufficient credit history" 4-5 months ago. Quite pleased, nevertheless!

Kinda broke my financial resolution of not apping in 2011, but it was worth it. Now I return to the deep freeze. Smiley Wink

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Discover!

Congrats!  Great starting limit. 

Message 2 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

Message 3 of 8
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I was gonna say something about that resolution, but you covered it already and returning to the Deep Freeze so I have nothing to say but, "Congratulations!"  Welcome to the D-Family.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 8
bethrn99
Established Member

Do you mind if I ask what your scores are? I was thinking about applying for a Discover card but I am not sure my scores are high enough - they are around 680

Message 5 of 8
vish1
Valued Contributor

@bethrn99 wrote:

Do you mind if I ask what your scores are? I was thinking about applying for a Discover card but I am not sure my scores are high enough - they are around 680

I just read another of your post, where you say you need to close all your CC coz your mortgage lender needs that. I am not trying to pick on you, but you should hold on to anything related to credit before you get your home keys.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 6 of 8
bethrn99
Established Member

Thanks -  I would not even think about appling until after closing.

Message 7 of 8
JMN
Frequent Contributor

EQ score last time I checked it (early January) was 743 or so. DTI is at 16% or so. Many satisfactory trades - multiple credit cards, two car loans [one paid], and two mortgages.

The only negative of my report is a lower AAoA because of my age. Other than that, no actual negative info or derogatories.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.