Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Nordie Store Card!!!

tag
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

Approved for Nordie Store Card!!!

I have been wanting to apply for a while now; I went to the mall today and decided to pull the trigger.  The app process took less than 10 minutes and then this customer service rep asked me to sign a piece of receipt in which is my actual temporary card!!!!!  He said if I spend a $100 today I will get $20 note in the mail but for some reason I did not see anything I like and my CL is $3k but it's tier III which is 18% he also said just use the card and wait for 4-6 months and call Nordstrom if they can lower my APR.  I cannot wait for the triple rewards starting 9/22-9/26 and I have read here that Nordstrom have a great customer service.  I'm very happy and I'm done apping for a while......Smiley Very Happy

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for Nordie Store Card!!!

3k is pretty good... yes wait 6 months and ask to be upgraded to visa, give a cli, and lower apr... they will do it all at once, they are excellent!

Message 2 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats. It is one of the best cards. Excellent Customer Service and Generous CLI's.

Message 3 of 11
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

I finally took your advice concorduser.....I think it has been almost a year when I thought about applying and you have said great things about Nordstrom.  I like shopping there and have been shopping there a lot for both me and my husband.  I like their anniversary sales... Thanks concorduser!!!!

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Does Nordstrom still do private parties, they did them in chicago about every 3 months, think you had to have annual spending of over 10k to get invited... Catered and free alcohol, so much fun.. I miss them!

Message 5 of 11
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

what is your score and what bureau did they pull for the app?

Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think EQ and you want to be over 650 I would say for best chances

Message 7 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Nordstrom is very sensitive to inq's and new accounts. If you have less than 2 inq's on EQ you have good chance of getting approved.

Message 8 of 11
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Nordstrom is very sensitive to inq's and new accounts. If you have less than 2 inq's on EQ you have good chance of getting approved.

How old does any "bad stuff" have to be? Or can there not be ANY kind of negative listed?

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 9 of 11
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

My last EQ score was 693 and I think I may have about 3-4 inq but they are more than a year or so; I have not received any alert yet from myfico for this inquiry, although I got an alert from my credit monitoring Lifelock about this application within 10 minutes of the application.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.