Established Member

Approved for Tiffany & Co.

I'm 22, and my account history is 2 years old. My cards were:

Cap One:  $0 / 1000

Chase Freedom (Recently converted from slate): $0/1500

Amex Green: ~$3,500 a month, $6,000 'spending limit'

When I applied for the Tiffany Card, I was hoping to get at least $10,000, but $5,000 was the most they'd give me due to the low limits on all of my other cards.  They pulled EQ.  I maxed out (and will immediately pay off) my CapOne and Chase cards, put $5k on the Tiffany, and threw the remaining ~$9k on the Amex.  I had to call AMEX in order for them to approve the expense, but that process took two minutes.

Now I just want to sit tight, pay these cards off and let my balances update to $0.....and then go for the AARP Credit Card.

If only I didn't have to worry about inquires or account age...*sigh*

FAKOS are 727 EX / 727 EQ / 740 TU (I have 9 inquires on my EX, 5 on my EQ and 2 on my TU...so TU is usually a little better)

Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Tiffany & Co.

Congrats! I got it a few months back Its a cool looking card. Also they dont report your credit limit its a charge account so it wont kill your util.

Established Member

Thanks! Do you know if they report a high balance/current balance like AMEX?
Established Contributor

Yes, they report you current balance each month.

Established Contributor

Also I dont know if they did it to you youd have to wait till you get your card but when I was approved they gave me my limit and I charged the max. when the card came my limit was exactly half. Then when I got my bill it had credit limited listed and it was half of what I had charged and actually showed where avail credit was a negative amount. I called them and they told me you can actually card up to double your limit depending on the situation.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.