Established Member
WindBlazer3

Approved for Tiffany & Co.

I'm 22, and my account history is 2 years old. My cards were:

Cap One:  $0 / 1000

Chase Freedom (Recently converted from slate): $0/1500

Amex Green: ~$3,500 a month, $6,000 'spending limit'

When I applied for the Tiffany Card, I was hoping to get at least $10,000, but $5,000 was the most they'd give me due to the low limits on all of my other cards.  They pulled EQ.  I maxed out (and will immediately pay off) my CapOne and Chase cards, put $5k on the Tiffany, and threw the remaining ~$9k on the Amex.  I had to call AMEX in order for them to approve the expense, but that process took two minutes.

Now I just want to sit tight, pay these cards off and let my balances update to $0.....and then go for the AARP Credit Card.

If only I didn't have to worry about inquires or account age...*sigh*

FAKOS are 727 EX / 727 EQ / 740 TU (I have 9 inquires on my EX, 5 on my EQ and 2 on my TU...so TU is usually a little better)

Established Contributor
mross1080

Re: Approved for Tiffany & Co.

Congrats! I got it a few months back Its a cool looking card. Also they dont report your credit limit its a charge account so it wont kill your util.

Established Member
WindBlazer3

Thanks! Do you know if they report a high balance/current balance like AMEX?
Established Contributor
mross1080

Yes, they report you current balance each month.

Established Contributor
mross1080

Also I dont know if they did it to you youd have to wait till you get your card but when I was approved they gave me my limit and I charged the max. when the card came my limit was exactly half. Then when I got my bill it had credit limited listed and it was half of what I had charged and actually showed where avail credit was a negative amount. I called them and they told me you can actually card up to double your limit depending on the situation.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}