Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for United Explorer with $12,000

tag
hussain99
Established Member

Approved for United Explorer with $12,000

This is my first Chase card & I got approved for $12,000. The other highest limit card that I had was $3,000.

While I certainly appreciate Chase giving me such a high limit (thank you Chase), I really don't need it. I would rather like to get approved for other Chase cards with attractive sign up bonuses with lower limits.

Wouldn't this 12k limit increase the chances of Chase extending me their maximum credit? Do you guys think my concern is valid?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
JohnWillyson

Re: Approved for United Explorer with $12,000

Congrats! I hope you got the 30,000 bonus points offer with the $50 statement credit! Its even possible to get 50,000 bonus miles! I when you receive the card, I would secure message chase saying you saw an offer for 50,000 points and to upgrade you, it may work!!!

Now with your credit limit, Chase is an awesome bank, because they will quickly and easily trade credit limits around at any time! So no, it wont hurt you!!! Say in the future you want to apply for the Sapphire, but they only internally approve you for $3k. You can call them, and move $2k from this card to that card and now your approved! Make sense?

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 07/27/2013 - No apps until 2014

Aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Message 2 of 12
hussain99
Established Member

John,

Yes, I got a targetted offer in the mail for 50,000 bonus points & I'm aware of the statement credit thing (i.e. sending a secure msg to Chase). Thanks though for letting me know.

As far as your second point is concerned, supposed someone gets declined and requests them to approve him by transferring some credit limit from one of the exisiting cards, is this a guaranteed approval?

My cousin had a similar experience but that was with a Chase business card. To get approved for that business card, he was willing to move credit limits from his exisitng personal cards but they still didn't accept.

Message 3 of 12
JohnWillyson

Nothing in life is guaranteed, I only know having a big CL from chase does NOT hurt you due to the ability to freely move it around.

In your cousins case, I am sure there were other issues preventing him from being approved, as there are other members for the Sapphire example I provided getting approved by re balancing credit limits.

I would not be worried AT ALL.

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 07/27/2013 - No apps until 2014

Aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Message 4 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats very nice starting limit

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 12
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CC and nice CL.

Message 6 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Nice card it's been on my short list.

Couldn't talk DH into app huh? Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@myjourney

I have one more day. Smiley Wink

Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.