Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Walmart Discover

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

Approved for Walmart Discover

Darn it, I got the app bug.  Approved for $3600.  Walmart Discover.  The ONLY reason I appled for this was for the free TU FICO score.  How sick is that? Smiley Very Happy 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
patternofstars7
Contributor

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover

That's awesome! I actually applied as well about a month ago too for the free score Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 29
android01
Valued Contributor

I have to figure out how I'm goin to use this card, because I wiil eventually have to, to keep it open.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 3 of 29
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Darn it, I got the app bug.  Approved for $3600.  Walmart Discover.  The ONLY reason I appled for this was for the free TU FICO score.  How sick is that? Smiley Very Happy 

Sounds quite normal round here.  LOLSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 29
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@android01 wrote:

I have to figure out how I'm goin to use this card, because I wiil eventually have to, to keep it open.  

That's the main reason I chose not to App for this card.

I don't shop at Walmart. So It's just another card I'd have to manage, that would be sock drawered (along with my Cap1, Chevron, & Chase Freedom).

Also, the FICO score isn't that important to me, since 1) it's TU '08, and 2) I have the USAA FAKO credit monitoring. What's more important (IMO); is making sure everything is accurate on my reports. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Odiseous wrote:

@android01 wrote:

That's the main reason I chose not to App for this card.

I don't shop at Walmart. So It's just another card I'd have to manage, that would be sock drawered (along with my Cap1, Chevron, & Chase Freedom).

Also, the FICO score isn't that important to me, since 1) it's TU '08, and 2) I have the USAA FAKO credit monitoring. What's more important (IMO); is making sure everything is accurate on my reports. 

hmm, yea i'm trying to figure out if i want to do this as well...........which is why i started a thread to compile a list of these "freebies"

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/List-of-Free-Credit-Score-Reporting-Services-or-complim...

i do second that i wouldn't use it at walmart since i don't shop there and i thought discover wasn't too generous with their cli? i have their more card and it's at 3000 with no auto increases in 7 months.......can someone write about their experience with the credit limit with the card? as an everyday card while NOT shopping at walmart/sams club?

Message 6 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Congrats!!! Nice CL!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 29
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

That is a really nice starting line!

Congrats!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 8 of 29
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I sort of go back and forth over this card. I'd like the free score and hit WalMart about twice/month. That being said, I really don't need another low limit card. Without some other benefit, I just can't see any point in adding another card to manage.

I only have eyes for the BCP, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

Got it for the TU08 FICO as well. But i do stop at wally world here and there.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.