Reply
Valued Contributor
trumpet-205
Posts: 2,505
Registered: ‎11-11-2010
0

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover


android01 wrote:

I have to figure out how I'm goin to use this card, because I wiil eventually have to, to keep it open.  


Same here. I want to open one, but I don't want to use this card because of crappy rewards.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,552
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover


trumpet-205 wrote:

android01 wrote:

I have to figure out how I'm goin to use this card, because I wiil eventually have to, to keep it open.  


Same here. I want to open one, but I don't want to use this card because of crappy rewards.


Charge something small on it and pay it off each month. If it's teh discover WM, you can use it anywhere Discover is accepted anyway. Keep the history alive.




Valued Contributor
android01
Posts: 1,226
Registered: ‎09-22-2009
0

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover


CS800 wrote:

android01 wrote:

I'm actually having buyers remorse with this one.  Applying for credit that I don't need just to get a free FICO score is pretty lame.  :smileymad:


Once you digest the fact that you won't have to buy your TU FICO (although it's TU98) for $20, you will appreciate the card :smileyhappy:


Thanks for the reminder, and that really adds up since I pull my scores once a month! :smileysurprised:

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 -10/22/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 10/22/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 10/22/14
Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,552
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover


android01 wrote:

Thanks for the reminder, and that really adds up since I pull my scores once a month! :smileysurprised:


Although a lot of creditors use Tu98 more than the TU98, in a year or 2 more will move towards the new scoring models. It's only a matter of time that TU98 becomes a FAKO.

 

I buy my TU98 monthly also. But now since I will be getting my TU08 I will reduce my purchases to 3 a year.




Valued Contributor
android01
Posts: 1,226
Registered: ‎09-22-2009
0

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover


CS800 wrote:

android01 wrote:

Thanks for the reminder, and that really adds up since I pull my scores once a month! :smileysurprised:


Although a lot of creditors use Tu98 more than the TU98, in a year or 2 more will move towards the new scoring models. It's only a matter of time that TU98 becomes a FAKO.

 

I buy my TU98 monthly also. But now since I will be getting my TU08 I will reduce my purchases to 3 a year.


TU98 is already a FAKO, and I don't understand why MyFico doesn't update.  It seems that most TU pullers are using TU04.  It's a matter of a couple more years before lenders regularly use TU08, I think.  Change is difficult, even if it's for the better. :smileyhappy:  

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 -10/22/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 10/22/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 10/22/14
Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,552
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover


android01 wrote:

TU98 is already a FAKO, and I don't understand why MyFico doesn't update.  It seems that most TU pullers are using TU04.  It's a matter of a couple more years before lenders regularly use TU08, I think.  Change is difficult, even if it's for the better. :smileyhappy:  


And you know once TU08 becomes more prominent, a new TU12 will be developped :smileyhappy:




Valued Contributor
android01
Posts: 1,226
Registered: ‎09-22-2009
0

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover


CS800 wrote:

android01 wrote:

TU98 is already a FAKO, and I don't understand why MyFico doesn't update.  It seems that most TU pullers are using TU04.  It's a matter of a couple more years before lenders regularly use TU08, I think.  Change is difficult, even if it's for the better. :smileyhappy:  


And you know once TU08 becomes more prominent, a new TU12 will be developped :smileyhappy:


:smileyvery-happy:  Such a game this all is.....

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 -10/22/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 10/22/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 10/22/14
Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,552
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover

Sometimes I believe its made for a reason to keep the customers one step behind :smileyhappy:




Moderator
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,882
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover


CS800 wrote:

Sometimes I believe its made for a reason to keep the customers one step behind :smileyhappy:


I respect your opinion but disagree.

 

The only thing that's ever held me back is my own mistakes and unwillingness to learn what credit really means. There is no system responsible for my actions. I assume all the blame.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}