Valued Contributor
android01

Approved for Walmart Discover

Darn it, I got the app bug.  Approved for $3600.  Walmart Discover.  The ONLY reason I appled for this was for the free TU FICO score.  How sick is that? :smileyvery-happy: 

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 -10/22/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 10/22/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 10/22/14
Contributor
patternofstars7

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover

That's awesome! I actually applied as well about a month ago too for the free score :smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor
android01

[ Edited ]

I have to figure out how I'm goin to use this card, because I wiil eventually have to, to keep it open.  

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 -10/22/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 10/22/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 10/22/14
Established Contributor
JusdoNit

android01 wrote:

Darn it, I got the app bug.  Approved for $3600.  Walmart Discover.  The ONLY reason I appled for this was for the free TU FICO score.  How sick is that? :smileyvery-happy: 

Sounds quite normal round here.  LOL:smileywink:

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
Odiseous

android01 wrote:

I have to figure out how I'm goin to use this card, because I wiil eventually have to, to keep it open.  

That's the main reason I chose not to App for this card.

I don't shop at Walmart. So It's just another card I'd have to manage, that would be sock drawered (along with my Cap1, Chevron, & Chase Freedom).

Also, the FICO score isn't that important to me, since 1) it's TU '08, and 2) I have the USAA FAKO credit monitoring. What's more important (IMO); is making sure everything is accurate on my reports. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Established Member
pabears

Odiseous wrote:

android01 wrote:

That's the main reason I chose not to App for this card.

I don't shop at Walmart. So It's just another card I'd have to manage, that would be sock drawered (along with my Cap1, Chevron, & Chase Freedom).

Also, the FICO score isn't that important to me, since 1) it's TU '08, and 2) I have the USAA FAKO credit monitoring. What's more important (IMO); is making sure everything is accurate on my reports. 

hmm, yea i'm trying to figure out if i want to do this as well...........which is why i started a thread to compile a list of these "freebies"

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/List-of-Free-Credit-Score-Reporting-Services-or-complim...

i do second that i wouldn't use it at walmart since i don't shop there and i thought discover wasn't too generous with their cli? i have their more card and it's at 3000 with no auto increases in 7 months.......can someone write about their experience with the credit limit with the card? as an everyday card while NOT shopping at walmart/sams club?

Mega Contributor
LS2982

android01 wrote:

Congrats!!! Nice CL!!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
RockinRay

android01 wrote:

That is a really nice starting line!

Congrats!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Senior Contributor
drkaje

I sort of go back and forth over this card. I'd like the free score and hit WalMart about twice/month. That being said, I really don't need another low limit card. Without some other benefit, I just can't see any point in adding another card to manage.

I only have eyes for the BCP, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
CS800

Got it for the TU08 FICO as well. But i do stop at wally world here and there.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}