Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Approved for Walmart Discover

Darn it, I got the app bug.  Approved for $3600.  Walmart Discover.  The ONLY reason I appled for this was for the free TU FICO score.  How sick is that? Smiley Very Happy 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Contributor

Re: Approved for Walmart Discover

That's awesome! I actually applied as well about a month ago too for the free score Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to figure out how I'm goin to use this card, because I wiil eventually have to, to keep it open.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Established Contributor

android01 wrote:

Darn it, I got the app bug.  Approved for $3600.  Walmart Discover.  The ONLY reason I appled for this was for the free TU FICO score.  How sick is that? Smiley Very Happy 

Sounds quite normal round here.  LOLSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor

android01 wrote:

I have to figure out how I'm goin to use this card, because I wiil eventually have to, to keep it open.  

That's the main reason I chose not to App for this card.

I don't shop at Walmart. So It's just another card I'd have to manage, that would be sock drawered (along with my Cap1, Chevron, & Chase Freedom).

Also, the FICO score isn't that important to me, since 1) it's TU '08, and 2) I have the USAA FAKO credit monitoring. What's more important (IMO); is making sure everything is accurate on my reports. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Established Member

Odiseous wrote:

android01 wrote:

That's the main reason I chose not to App for this card.

I don't shop at Walmart. So It's just another card I'd have to manage, that would be sock drawered (along with my Cap1, Chevron, & Chase Freedom).

Also, the FICO score isn't that important to me, since 1) it's TU '08, and 2) I have the USAA FAKO credit monitoring. What's more important (IMO); is making sure everything is accurate on my reports. 

hmm, yea i'm trying to figure out if i want to do this as well...........which is why i started a thread to compile a list of these "freebies"

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/List-of-Free-Credit-Score-Reporting-Services-or-complim...

i do second that i wouldn't use it at walmart since i don't shop there and i thought discover wasn't too generous with their cli? i have their more card and it's at 3000 with no auto increases in 7 months.......can someone write about their experience with the credit limit with the card? as an everyday card while NOT shopping at walmart/sams club?

Mega Contributor

android01 wrote:

Congrats!!! Nice CL!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Valued Contributor

android01 wrote:

That is a really nice starting line!

Congrats!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Senior Contributor

I sort of go back and forth over this card. I'd like the free score and hit WalMart about twice/month. That being said, I really don't need another low limit card. Without some other benefit, I just can't see any point in adding another card to manage.

I only have eyes for the BCP, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor

Got it for the TU08 FICO as well. But i do stop at wally world here and there.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.