Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for a Walmart "Store" Card YAYY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for a Walmart "Store" Card YAYY

Low $400 limit but I shop at Walmart frequently and decided to app (hey it couldn't hurt seeing as I have quite a few inquiries and wanted to knock something off my purchase) but I didn't get an instant decision. I went home and thought nothing of it. Got a letter in the mail from GE Bank saying I needed to call the fraud department. I was just going to discard it and not waste another disappointment but I called anyway. They verified my address and I had accidently put my old address's zip. Ask a few identity question and gave me an approval. I'm pretty excited since January 12th starting my credit journey I've acquired 3 secured cards to unsecured cards and this is my latest addition. Ahh I'm headed straight to Gardening Mode for awhile. Thanks for all the insightful info you have on these boards. I can't wait until june/july to see my first ever fico score Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for a Walmart Money Card YAYY

Congrats, but the money card is completely different from the store credit card.  The money card is a prepaid card.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for a Walmart Money Card YAYY

Haha I have one of those as well but only as a back-up bank account. The store card is another nicer I suppose wonder if there are any rewards (probably not)

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for a Walmart "Store" Card YAYY

Congrats! I have the store card as well.

There aren't any rewards, but you do get a free monthly TU FICO Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 17
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Congrats! 

I was also approved for $400 back in October, and was disappointed with the limit. In January, I got an auto CLI to $900! Maybe you will see something similar. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 5 of 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Wally Card!  I love getting the free FICO from TU.  You'll see a lot of luv from GE if you treat them right.  See you in the garden!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 6 of 17
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I got the WM card in Nov and just got an auto CLI from $300 to $1000! Plus, Love getting my FICO every month. Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 17
smokiethebear912
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Low $400 limit 

LOL they gave me $250. I can more than fill that up in 1 trip to Sam's Club. Here's hoping for a nice CLI soon (got card in early January)

Starting Scores: EQ MYFICO (05-12-09) 430 / TU MYFICO (12-14-09) 521
Current Scores: EX USAA PLUS 607 / EQ MYFICO 656 / TU98 MYFICO 664 / TU08 FICO WALMART 648 / CreditKarma TU TransRisk 586 / TU VANTAGE 645
Goal Scores: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Low $400 limit but I shop at Walmart frequently and decided to app (hey it couldn't hurt seeing as I have quite a few inquiries and wanted to knock something off my purchase) but I didn't get an instant decision. I went home and thought nothing of it. Got a letter in the mail from GE Bank saying I needed to call the fraud department. I was just going to discard it and not waste another disappointment but I called anyway. They verified my address and I had accidently put my old address's zip. Ask a few identity question and gave me an approval. I'm pretty excited since January 12th starting my credit journey I've acquired 3 secured cards to unsecured cards and this is my latest addition. Ahh I'm headed straight to Gardening Mode for awhile. Thanks for all the insightful info you have on these boards. I can't wait until june/july to see my first ever fico score Smiley Happy

Congrats!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 17
Thorin
Valued Member

Congrats on the new card!

Just out of curiosity, when you tried to sign up at the register did it print out a receipt saying they needed more information and to call within 48 hours?

I got that, called back within an hour or so and got approved.  Enjoy the free TU score Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.