Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for a secured BOA cc??

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for a secured BOA cc??

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been kicking myself for almost 10 days now for apping with Bank of America after reading all of the posts on here and other places about people being people denied their secured card.  I just checked my bank account and saw where they took out the funds for the deposit so I'm guessing I was approved.  I thought I would share my info just for a fyi for anybody with bad credit that has thought about apping with them but has been diswayed from other reviews.

I have 6 collection accounts totaling about 6000.  Newest ca is about two years old.  I have a Wells Fargo secured card for last six months always paid on time with about 90% uti on the card for the last two months.  This is my only positive tradeline.  As you can see at the moment my credit scores are in the mid 500's and I was approved.  This card is not just for people starting out with credit or for people that are on the upward swing of improving there credit.  If you have thought about trying out this card to help rebuild your credit then give it a shot. 

My appologies to the mods if I should have posted this in the rebuilding forum.....take care people.

It looks like to me that your approved, Congrats!!

In the meantime, I would focuse on resolving those collection accounts and work on bringing your Util. down. Gardening will help you bigtime!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You LS.  Yes I think workig on the collections would be my next move.  Already disputed some info but now time to attack them head on.  Summer is right around the corner...perfect time for some gardening.  Thanks for the advice.

Message 12 of 13
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Wow Congrats. They originally denied me when my score was 620 and my oldest collection was over 2 years old and was paid off. I had to call the backdoor number and was approved for it. The lady I spoke with said my credit looked good enough and she had no reason as to y I was denied initially for the secured product.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.