cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for capitol one secured credit card.

tag
nafelix89

Approved for capitol one secured credit card.

As my final option I applied for this credit card. I had to pay a $99 deposit and it has a $29 annual fee but this is so much better than nothing. $200 limit but only gonna use it to pay for gas anyways so I'm pretty stoked about building my credit.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for capitol one secured credit card.

@nafelix89 wrote:

As my final option I applied for this credit card. I had to pay a $99 deposit and it has a $29 annual fee but this is so much better than nothing. $200 limit but only gonna use it to pay for gas anyways so I'm pretty stoked about building my credit.

Congrats treat it well

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats! At least you did partial depo! Wtg! Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 8
Thammer
New Contributor

Congrats! That's the same card I opened to start my credit rebuilding process. Treat it well and in a year you'll likely be approved for a non secured card!

Message 4 of 8
eviLution
Established Contributor

I started off with the same card a year ago and just closed it. It did it's job!

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 5 of 8
nafelix89

So my 1 question is, if I want a bigger credit limit I can deposit more money for it, that I understand. But later on when I want to close the account would I get the whole thing back? I paid a deposit of $99 for a $200 limit. If I give them another $100 that should make my limit to $300. Later on if I want to close the account I should be getting back $199 correct?

Message 6 of 8
eviLution
Established Contributor

Yes!

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 7 of 8
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

congratz when your credit history improves and get better credit card offers

close it unless they waive the annual fees

i believe after a few on time payments they will offer you a CLI for an additional $$

@nafelix89 wrote:

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.