Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for my 2nd Amex..........

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for my 2nd Amex..........

Congrats OP !!!

I got the BCE last week ; couldnt see myslef spend enough to justify the $75 AF.

So far 3 AMEX's backdated to 2001...well two but 'm sure that when the BCE reports, it will be 2001. I will monitor that.

Message 11 of 22
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Congrats!  Apped and got BCP prefered this week as well.  The increased rates are definately worth the $75AF.  Only $2K on mine but it matched my highest reporting limit and will hopefully grow as I intend to put heavy use on it.

Damn and they couldn't even approve me for 2k and I have a few cards that are around double that. Congrats on your approval though!

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@boomhower wrote:

Congrats!  Apped and got BCP prefered this week as well.  The increased rates are definately worth the $75AF.  Only $2K on mine but it matched my highest reporting limit and will hopefully grow as I intend to put heavy use on it.

AmEx can be very generous, like you said put heavy use on it, pay in full, and come 61 days, call and ask for up to 3X your current CL, if you're not comfortable asking for the full 3X (4K increase) ask for 2K, that's all up to you, but know the option is available to ask for CLI in 61 days after activation.

Congrats to you as well, like I said earlier, it's a GREAT card with awesome rewards.

Message 13 of 22
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Guava wrote:

Congrats!! what are you gonna do with your AMEX SPG?

My SPG AF won't be due for another year. I will see if they will combine both CL down the road - or cancel the SPG when my AF is due. My other option would be to PC it to HHonors w/no AF.

6% supermarkets and 3% gas stations cashback is just too hard to pass up Smiley Happy

Oh..received $150 cashback and 0% for 12 months with approval......hoooooray!!

I believe I've read that you can't PC from one of the hotel cards to the other.  I think you can PC to a different card and then later PC to the HHonors card, but there was a thread saying they won't let you PC directly to HHonors or vice versa. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 22
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all your comments............

Just called amex and found out my CL is $10K........triple hooray!!

They matched my SPG CL..........Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 22
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Guava wrote:

Congrats!! what are you gonna do with your AMEX SPG?

My SPG AF won't be due for another year. I will see if they will combine both CL down the road - or cancel the SPG when my AF is due. My other option would be to PC it to HHonors w/no AF.

6% supermarkets and 3% gas stations cashback is just too hard to pass up Smiley Happy

Oh..received $150 cashback and 0% for 12 months with approval......hoooooray!!

I believe I've read that you can't PC from one of the hotel cards to the other.  I think you can PC to a different card and then later PC to the HHonors card, but there was a thread saying they won't let you PC directly to HHonors or vice versa. 

I had email CSR about 2 months ago and the list of cards they said I could PC into is HHonors along with BCP and a few others. I went ahead and apped for the BCP cause I wanted the use to be $100 signup bonus....now $150 signup bonus plus 0% interest for 12 months.

In terms of PC...I don't know if that has change since the last time I had communication with the CSR but I know there will be options. I will only pay an AF if I use the card to justify the AF and I generally only use 2 cards at one time.

Message 16 of 22
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the clarification. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 22
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

Congrats on your approval. I just applied for the BCP as well just now. I got the under review message, then checked seconds later and it said I was declined. I have had the zync for 6 months, I thought I would have gotten it. But my reasons were for decline was because my utl which was pretty high because I let my balances report this month because i wasn't planning in apping for any cards. Do you think I should recon?

Definitely worth a RECON since you already took the hit. You never know...just be prepare to answer or tell them why you wanted the card. The BCP may be a little tough so ask for the BCE with no/AF and see if they will reconsider with the same apped for the BCP.

Message 18 of 22
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Checked my EX Plus score today and my score just had a HUGE dropped............... Smiley Sad

Was 747..........NOW...........718. What a sad, sad day..........

Getting approved for the Amex BCP has it's price!!

Once the hard iquiry hit 11/23/2011, my score tanked......

Definitely garden mode for 1 full year to get my score back up. I now have a total of 3 hard iquiries on my EX report and that's what Amex pulled.

Message 19 of 22
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

Checked my EX Plus score today and my score just had a HUGE dropped............... Smiley Sad

Was 747..........NOW...........718. What a sad, sad day..........

Getting approved for the Amex BCP has it's price!!

Once the hard iquiry hit 11/23/2011, my score tanked......

Definitely garden mode for 1 full year to get my score back up. I now have a total of 3 hard iquiries on my EX report and that's what Amex pulled.

It's a temporary setback that will quickly recover.  Just keep paying on time and you'll see your score go right back up again. Smiley Wink

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.