Valued Member
Daffydatsun

Approved for new CAP 1- Score jumped 16 points - then decreased 3

Just wanted to know if this is usual.  Applied for a CAP 1 and was approved.  Processed on line did not tell CL.  However, my score jumped 16 points then decreased by 3 points is this usual?

Established Contributor
Cory

Re: Approved for new CAP 1- Score jumped 16 points - then decreased 3

You know, I tried to answer this but can't. So I'm bumping it for you.

Cory

1. American Express Blue Cash Preferred~2. BankAmericard Cash Rewards World MasterCard~3. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa Signature ~4. Discover It~5. Citi Forward Visa Signature~6. CCCU MasterCard.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Approved for new CAP 1- Score jumped 16 points - then decreased 3

Daffydatsun wrote:

Just wanted to know if this is usual.  Applied for a CAP 1 and was approved.  Processed on line did not tell CL.  However, my score jumped 16 points then decreased by 3 points is this usual?

Almost everyone has some background movement on their score reports. There was probably something else causing the score movement.

You can print out the two score reports, lay them side by side, and compare them.

If you only had a couple of credit cards before, you might have gotten a score jump as a result of adding another revolving tradeline.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+