Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for new NFCU Cash Rewards Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for new NFCU Cash Rewards Card

Just to update everyone, I just got in NFCU after my EQ score jumped to 749. Got approved for 13000 Cash Rewards card instant approval. I am so jacked right now. Earlier in the week USAA only gave me a CLI of 500 to make my CL 1000 after two years of 500 and no lates. Looks like I have a new banking institution! Thanks everyone on this forum!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for new NFCU Cash Rewards Card

Much congratulations to you.  I've just opened a savings acct w/NFCU.  I'm just trying to get my EQ score up with the others.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you already have a account with them? I applied last month and was told I had to have direct deposit to qualify for the card. I asked the CSR if this was something that just applied to me and was told no " new policy of the bank". Sounded kind of strange at the time. Oh and my scores are in the mid 700's.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have direct deposit, I also didn't read any thing about that on the website. I'll let you know if I hear anything about it from them. Sorry it took me so long to post back, wasn't paying attention to my original post.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't need DD to get a NFCU card. Too bad you can't convert an existing card to the new cashrewards version. The rewards just aren't quite good enough to take a score hit for a new account.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for my new NFCU Cash Rewards Card too.   They did not say anything about DD to me.  They always ask how long you've been a member with them along with your annual income.

NFCU said the reason of they can't combine with my nRewards card is because of different APR status.  nRewards Card is Fix Rate, and Cash Rewards Card is Flexible Rate.

I am not happy with their nRewards Card reward program (the points will expires in 4 yrs and it takes more points than used to be for the Gift Cards I was getting).  Good part of Cash Rewards Card is you will earn the cash back and it never expires.  This is the best CC for me within NFCU's CCs. 

Who else own this NFCU Cash Rewards card?  Please share your experiences.   Thank you.

Message Edited by bunnyrabbit on 05-05-2009 07:55 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.