cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for the Discover More Student Card for $1000!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for the Discover More Student Card for $1000!

I applied for this a week after I had applied for the Chase Amazon card and the Freedom card and got a CL of $1000.

I received a letter in the mail about my application (they were unable to approve it because there was...get this....no residence telephone.  A big **bleep** but whatever).  So I had reapplied then called the New Accounts department, they took the info from my new app, tossed me over to a Senior analyst who asked me about my student loans and what I wanted to use the card for and voila, instant approval for $1000.  Get the 0% intro APR for 9 months and card should be here by next thursday.

Looks like just because you don't recieve an instant Approval after applying  doesn't mean that you're automatically denied.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
supersam101
Contributor

Re: Approved for the Discover More Student Card for $1000!

Congrats. Did you have to recon your chase freedom or was it a instant approval. Also how old is your oldest credit card.
Discover IT Student $3k. Bankameri better balance $3k.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 2 of 19
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the approvals Smiley Happy Many times the only reason for the 7-10 day message has been identity verification for me.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My oldest credit card is literally 1 week old (Chase Amazon Visa).  The Chase Freedom took some recon work due to verification so I never got a denial and just received letters stating that they needed my SSN.

Message 4 of 19
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I wonder if you can PC to the IT card from the student More?  Congrats on the Discover card, Shopdiscover is the best.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 5 of 19
supersam101
Contributor

Are you a authorized user on another account? If not your pretty lucky to get $1000 dollars from chase. They denied me with 8 months credit history so idk.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 6 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@supersam101 wrote:
Are you a authorized user on another account? If not your pretty lucky to get $1000 dollars from chase. They denied me with 8 months credit history so idk.

I was thinking the same thing. I app'd for chase for my first card before I started on this forum because I figured "Well, I've had bank accounts with them for years, they must love me" and they basically told me to go...yeah xD 

Discover did the same but I had no relationship with them so I expected it. 

My sister did get the chase amazon visa as her first card though with a $2000 limit with no history, and my other sister got $2500 from them with no history. 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you talking about my Chase Amazon Card?  I'm the primary user for the card, no one else.  Same for all my cards.  I was a bit miffed though as to why I got a higher CL on the Chase Amazon card compared to the Freedom card.  I will have to call them and find out.  I would love to do a CLI on the Freedom card but heard that it's a hard pull.

Message 8 of 19
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@supersam101 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. I app'd for chase for my first card before I started on this forum because I figured "Well, I've had bank accounts with them for years, they must love me" and they basically told me to go...yeah xD 

Same here, my first inquiry ever is Chase Bank on 3/11/2011 . . . couple Ks in my checkings and no love from them lol Smiley Very Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 9 of 19
supersam101
Contributor

I was talking about your chase freedom.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.