Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved or Declined

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved or Declined

Ignore the recommendations on CK, which, like on many sites including this one, are sponsered.   But, you can click on a card and get a lot of interesting data, albeit within the CK sample.  Shows you lowest and average (FAKO) score with the card in their DB, the distribution of CLs for that card and so on.    Just be aware of the limitations but you can compare within the sample, seeing that card X seems to have higher CLs on average than card Y.  (Of course, that doesn't mean that YOU will get a better CL with Y than X, but then nothing except applying gives that info!)

Message 11 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

@eviLution wrote:
creditkarma is not reliable with their recommendations. I wasted quite a few inquiries because of them when I was very new to credit.

Thats true, they tell me to apply for cards that I already have.

The best is when they say chances of approval are poor for cards you already have AND received instant approval. 

That is indeed hilarious!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 16
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@CredittotheMax wrote:

@eviLution wrote:
creditkarma is not reliable with their recommendations. I wasted quite a few inquiries because of them when I was very new to credit.

Thats true, they tell me to apply for cards that I already have.

Same here, and it's hysterical -- after all, they already know what I have.

Another good one happened when I logged in today to check on my DH's credit. It's suggesting he do a BT on his Lowe's card -- which this month reported an approx $200 balance with relation to an $8500 limit -- to a Capital One Platinum Prestige MC. So let's see... transfer the balance for charges we're planning on PIF this month over to a card that doesn't even show any more on Cap1's website, and I believe has an AF to boot. Yeah, that makes a lot of financial sense. Smiley LOL

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 16
Simply827
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

Ignore the recommendations on CK, which, like on many sites including this one, are sponsered.   But, you can click on a card and get a lot of interesting data, albeit within the CK sample.  Shows you lowest and average (FAKO) score with the card in their DB, the distribution of CLs for that card and so on.    Just be aware of the limitations but you can compare within the sample, seeing that card X seems to have higher CLs on average than card Y.  (Of course, that doesn't mean that YOU will get a better CL with Y than X, but then nothing except applying gives that info!)

Where can I find the CL spread? All I see is the lowest and avg approved scores.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 14 of 16
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

The only thing I like about creditkarma is it actually notifes about things a day or two before my Amex credit monitor.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 15 of 16
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.