Reply
Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax
Posts: 270
Registered: ‎01-01-2013

Approved or Declined

This might be a stupid question, but is there a website that you can entered your infomation and see your chances of getting approved. I heard that creditcards.com has something like that but not reliable. 

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

FICO = EQ: 729 (6/13) TU:744 (12/27) EX: ?
Established Contributor
BrokaToe
Posts: 726
Registered: ‎05-12-2012

Re: Approved or Declined

You can do some research on whogavemecredit.com that could help give you an idea

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Valued Contributor
thom02099
Posts: 1,317
Registered: ‎08-30-2011

Re: Approved or Declined


CredittotheMax wrote:

This might be a stupid question, but is there a website that you can entered your infomation and see your chances of getting approved. I heard that creditcards.com has something like that but not reliable. 


Try a Google search of "credit pulls database" and check the site of which we may not speak...

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 768 EQ = 828 TU = 834 - June/2014
Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax
Posts: 270
Registered: ‎01-01-2013

Re: Approved or Declined


thom02099 wrote:

CredittotheMax wrote:

This might be a stupid question, but is there a website that you can entered your infomation and see your chances of getting approved. I heard that creditcards.com has something like that but not reliable. 


Try a Google search of "credit pulls database" and check the site of which we may not speak...


Thanks, this website seems a lot more organized than whogavemecredit

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

FICO = EQ: 729 (6/13) TU:744 (12/27) EX: ?
Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli
Posts: 805
Registered: ‎05-11-2007

Re: Approved or Declined

Credit Karma might be your best bet. It's free, does a soft pull on your TU, and uses historical data from other users to match your chances of getting approved for each card. 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Established Contributor
eviLution
Posts: 704
Registered: ‎06-11-2012

Re: Approved or Declined

creditkarma is not reliable with their recommendations. I wasted quite a few inquiries because of them when I was very new to credit.

Current Score: DCU EQ 714 - EX+ 746 - WM TU 746
Goal Score: 750+

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 6000 - Chase Freedom: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012
Posts: 3,406
Registered: ‎12-19-2012

Re: Approved or Declined

+1
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax
Posts: 270
Registered: ‎01-01-2013

Re: Approved or Declined


eviLution wrote:
creditkarma is not reliable with their recommendations. I wasted quite a few inquiries because of them when I was very new to credit.

Thats true, they tell me to apply for cards that I already have.

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

FICO = EQ: 729 (6/13) TU:744 (12/27) EX: ?
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 24,486
Registered: ‎09-13-2012

Re: Approved or Declined


CredittotheMax wrote:

eviLution wrote:
creditkarma is not reliable with their recommendations. I wasted quite a few inquiries because of them when I was very new to credit.

Thats true, they tell me to apply for cards that I already have.


The best is when they say chances of approval are poor for cards you already have AND received instant approval. 

Valued Contributor
Rhaeny
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011

Re: Approved or Declined


09Lexie wrote:

CredittotheMax wrote:

eviLution wrote:
creditkarma is not reliable with their recommendations. I wasted quite a few inquiries because of them when I was very new to credit.

Thats true, they tell me to apply for cards that I already have.


The best is when they say chances of approval are poor for cards you already have AND received instant approval. 


+!

 

Yep I have experienced the exact same thing with CK.  You cannot take anything that is on the website seriously except for the data (accounts) contained on your credit report, and from what I've seen even that could be suspect sometimes.  So CK is strictly a monitoring tool for the items that appear on your credit report.  You cannot use it for the score and certainly not to make any decisions on who you should apply for credit with.  It was suggested to google the creditpulls database.  That is the only tool that I have used to get ALL of my credit in my siggy and so far my only decline has been from Amex.  I should have known not to apply....I got caught up in a drapping episode that began and ended with Amex :smileyvery-happy:


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+