cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved - then a change in terms before card received?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved - then a change in terms before card received?

On 11/6 I applied for a Discover It card and was approved for a 4k limit. It took them a few days before a confirmation email hit my inbox but it finally did on 11/8.

I received my card on the 12th.

Then yesterday the 14th I got a letter, dated the 8th, that the terms and conditions of my card have changed, "for the following reasons":

And then it is blank.

?

It seems they changed my APR although I'm still getting 12 months 0.0%. After that it's 22% (eep!) but I never carry a balance on my cards so I don't care much. I don't remember what my APR was at the time of approval ao I guess I can't complain too much.

But I don't know WHY the APR changed. Should I call and find out? I don't want them to rescind my card or aomething if I ask them to start poking around, LOL!

I was also approved this week for a Venture for 20k and a CSP for 8k and now I'm wondering if they will do the same?

The only changes to my scores have been the HPs from my apps.

Any thoughts or insight is appreciated!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved - then a change in terms before card received?

It's unfortunate that you don't remember the initial APR. With that said you should call Discover and find out why you received the letter and why your APR changed. Maybe it was sent in error since you didn't receive an explanation.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never saw the initial terms b/c when I appd, it took me to a screen that said, "Approved! Click this link to see your terms and limits" or aomething like that, but when I went to that page I couldn't get in with my info. Turns out my SS# was wrong (two of my last four digits were switched). I called CS and they fixed it and told me my limits but I didn't think to ask for the APR. D'oh.
Message 3 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:
It's unfortunate that you don't remember the initial APR. With that said you should call Discover and find out why you received the letter and why your APR changed. Maybe it was sent in error since you didn't receive an explanation.

+1 agreed give them a call 

Also to note: Always, always print the terms of an approval screen before closing the browser it's basically insures you get what they offered in case of error on their partSmiley Wink

Disregrad you were typing as i commented 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm such a dolt.  I didn't get screen grabs of any of the approvals.  =(  With the Venture and the CSP, I think I was in a state of shock I was approved.  D'oh!

I'm going to hit up Discover right now in chat and see what's up....

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.