cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved through Old Navy/VISA but don't understand??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re:approved through Old Navy/VISA but don't understand??

Can you please explain to me why cap one is stingy?? what does that mean?? sorry not credit card sappy

Message 11 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved through Old Navy/VISA but don't understand??

The most popular right now is Zync by American Express and Citi Forward.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks getting to have a better insight!

Message 13 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Re:approved through Old Navy/VISA but don't understand??

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you please explain to me why cap one is stingy?? what does that mean?? sorry not credit card sappy

We don't know why; they just are. They do have one or two cards with great CL's, but the majority are quite low, and they will not grow with you over time.

Since you're rebuilding, I'm going to contradict everyone else here Smiley Very Happy and suggest that you stop now, with your three cards. Keeping on will just get you more low-limit cards and/ or declined.

Work these three and let six months' worth of history report on them all. Pull your FICO scores then and see where you are. Depending on your scores, you might then want to go for an additional GEMB card, as apparently they are good to their good customers. If your scores are really recovering by then, you might want to think about Zync and similar cards.

But three open cards are all you need to build good credit history, no matter what the CL's (credit limits) are. Be sure to read here about how much util (revolving utilization; balances reported divided by credit limits) and how many cards with balances you should let report. It doesn't really matter while you're building history, which is the next six months, but you'll want to control what is reported to the credit bureaus before apping again.

Congrats on the nice start!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Re:approved through Old Navy/VISA but don't understand??

Thanks a bunch!! I will print this out as a "reminder". I need all the support I can get and it looks like I got it Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this card in June with a CL of 2,200.  I also have a Target card that I opened in 4/08 with a 200 CL,  In July 08 I got a CLI of 300 and a few months ago Target was giving out CLI and I got a 500 increase, it now sits at 1,000 CL after two in a half years.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Geez I just guess that it's THEM that really don't care to have any kind of CLI at all?? Well at least I have a chance to prove myself to the credit world! Thx for your post

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.