Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps and AMEX F/R

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apps and AMEX F/R

I just did a mini apporama the last few days and I still desire one more application!

So far I have applied for:

Citi Plat Select AA WMC (Need to send docs to finish app)
Amex Gold (Instant Approval)
Discover Miles (Approved $3500)

I want to either get a Freedom WMC or AMEX Blue, but I don't want to chance my Amex Gold or having accounts with AMEX at all! Would I be risking FR by continuing to apply for more cards? What would you do if you were me!

Keep in mind:
Score's in 700's
$100k+ Personal Income
Single digit UTL

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apps and AMEX F/R

How many current CC TL's do you have?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Store
9 CC
2 CC AU

Plus the other 3
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

you have an amex gold right? if so you may want to consider appng the blue in jan, for a couple of reasons.

1. you will get the max amount of history for the new account. (amex gives history from the month the new account is opened and the year of the first account relationship, ie cardholder since '95, new app in '09 would get history reported as 1/95 vs 7/95 if you appd today).

2. your new accounts would be at least 6 months old and already gaining points back from the new account hit.

3. i think the rewards structure goes by calender year so pushing over 6.5k in the last 5 months wouldn't get you the most out of it (at least not w/o great effort maybe?)

however, i think my aa had something to do with the fact that i live in a state that has a high mort default rate and the number of new accounts (31 in the last year, but this includes several car refi's and flushing and replacing just about every cc i had).

just some thoughts.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say stop.

Carsalesmn wrote:
I just did a mini apporama the last few days and I still desire one more application!

So far I have applied for:

Citi Plat Select AA WMC (Need to send docs to finish app)
Amex Gold (Instant Approval)
Discover Miles (Approved $3500)

I want to either get a Freedom WMC or AMEX Blue, but I don't want to chance my Amex Gold or having accounts with AMEX at all! Would I be risking FR by continuing to apply for more cards? What would you do if you were me!

Keep in mind:
Score's in 700's
$100k+ Personal Income
Single digit UTL

Message 5 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I second the STOP!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I am officially done!!! I need to check into the concorduser center now!Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
I second the STOP!

Motion carried! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Carsalesman I would point you to your own siggy

"Work your existing TL's before applying for new credit!"

-- you have over 9 CCs already and applied for 3+ more..
do you REALLY need these?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree!!!!!! I am just trying to make a perfect line up of credit that assists my financial needs and matters. I am still a little bit away for achieving that, but I am content for the moment!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.