Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appying gone bad!!!!

tag
prettywise77
Valued Member

Appying gone bad!!!!

Ok, after my appy spree this past week.  I got a few cards, most valuable is the Chase platinum visa which I was able to get a 2k cl. 

I read the forum and saw someone had recon Juniper for Carnival.  I was two seconds from getting the recon when she pulled another report EX and saw my appying spree.  :-(  So I was denied twice. 

I know it's all my fault and I take full responsibility.  I am not appying until May 2010 when all my inq wil have fallen off and I have two yrs added history with my othe cc.  I am also in the process of purchasing a home through partnership with a community agency.  I haven't applied for the mortgage yet, in the next few weeks.  Because I am going through this program, I may get a slap on the wrist for all the inqs but my scores and history is still get enough to get approved.  I continue to pray.

I appreciate all the wisdom in the forum. But for my sake, I will drop by less frequently to fight the urge.  I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this forum.  You all are the BEST!!  Thanks

I will keep you updated on my progress!! 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Appying gone bad!!!!

Mortgage company might do more than a slap. you shouldn't apply for new credit within 6 months, ATLEAST 3 monthers before a mortgage and not until AFTER your mortgage has funded.
Message 2 of 8
dizzier
Established Contributor

i thought that one was not supposed to apply for new credit within a year of getting a mortgage. Is this inaccurate?

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

prettywise77 wrote:
Ok, after my appy spree this past week.  I got a few cards, most valuable is the Chase platinum visa which I was able to get a 2k cl. 

I read the forum and saw someone had recon Juniper for Carnival.  I was two seconds from getting the recon when she pulled another report EX and saw my appying spree.  :-(  So I was denied twice. 

I know it's all my fault and I take full responsibility.  I am not appying until May 2010 when all my inq wil have fallen off and I have two yrs added history with my othe cc.  I am also in the process of purchasing a home through partnership with a community agency.  I haven't applied for the mortgage yet, in the next few weeks.  Because I am going through this program, I may get a slap on the wrist for all the inqs but my scores and history is still get enough to get approved.  I continue to pray.

I appreciate all the wisdom in the forum. But for my sake, I will drop by less frequently to fight the urge.  I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this forum.  You all are the BEST!!  Thanks

I will keep you updated on my progress!! 

Juniper hates app sprees, and not just for new applicants.   Even if you have an existing account with them, they are known to shut cardholders down or CLD them for going on app sprees.

Also, the rule of thumb is NO applications for new credit of any kind for at least 6 months before mortgage shopping.  Good luck with that.  I agree with Creditaddict that you'll probably get more than a slap on the wrist from a mortgage lender, sorry to say.

Message Edited by cheddar on 04-16-2008 10:26 AM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

dizzier wrote:
i thought that one was not supposed to apply for new credit within a year of getting a mortgage. Is this inaccurate?

6-12 months is what "they" say.  In any case, 6 months at the very least.

Message 5 of 8
prettywise77
Valued Member

I have learned my lesson.  I am biting my nails.  But I am doing a new build and a community program which will take six months to complete in total, I believe there is more leeway than if I was applying on my own in a traditional way. 

The program is geared towards moderate income families with past credit issues.  So I think I will get a long talking too, and they will probably pull again in six months to make sure I haven't app'd.

I let you know how it goes.
Message 6 of 8
dizzier
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dizzier wrote:

6-12 months is what "they" say. In any case, 6 months at the very least.

cheddar to the rescue once again! thanks Smiley Wink

(no wonder they made you a mod)

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

dizzier wrote:

cheddar to the rescue once again! thanks Smiley Wink

(no wonder they made you a mod)

Happy to help, and thanks to you, too, for the comment.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.