Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 1st can't come fast enough!

tag
seeyouthere
New Contributor

April 1st can't come fast enough!

I work in a commsion based job and last month I had the best payout of my career.  I decided to buckle down and pay down all $4700 worth of credit debt and get my score from 614 to as close to 700 as I can.  My goal in a few months is to get a Delta Skymiles Card.  Is this worth it or not?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: April 1st can't come fast enough!

@seeyouthere wrote:

I work in a commsion based job and last month I had the best payout of my career.  I decided to buckle down and pay down all $4700 worth of credit debt and get my score from 614 to as close to 700 as I can.  My goal in a few months is to get a Delta Skymiles Card.  Is this worth it or not?

if you fly delta a lot, then it is probably going to be worthwhile.

other than that, a lot of people seem to be pretty upset about delta's recent devaluation and changes to their program. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

@seeyouthere wrote:

Paying off your debt is always good money management. As a result of being financially smart, your scores should definitely go up. And soon you should be able to treat yourself to an approval screen with that Delta Skymiles card. Good luck and congrats on the payout!! Hard work pays off. 

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 3 of 4
seeyouthere
New Contributor

I agree, and it was hard to commit when checks werent as big in previous months.  I'm taking this priority celebration over my birthday which is around the same time. LOL

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.