Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April- Wells Fargo Gradaution Month

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

April- Wells Fargo Gradaution Month

Well this is the month that Wells Fargo reviews secured credit cards so keeping my fingers crossed it happens for many of us. Im going to call them up once this months statement closes and see if they can tell me if my card is eligible (closes April 9th). Lets keep this thread updated for all fellow WF secured credit card holders and update our results and graduations...good luck everyone!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
maninder89
Established Member

Re: April- Wells Fargo Gradaution Month

@dodgerslv wrote:

Well this is the month that Wells Fargo reviews secured credit cards so keeping my fingers crossed it happens for many of us. Im going to call them up once this months statement closes and see if they can tell me if my card is eligible (closes April 9th). Lets keep this thread updated for all fellow WF secured credit card holders and update our results and graduations...good luck everyone!

+1 My statement closes on 26th. Lets see what happens. I hope this card graduates before I graduate grad school.

EX FICO - 770 (Lender pull - AMEX) Feb '13
 photo Wells-Fargo-Cash-Back-Credi_zpsb9d8097b.jpg
Message 2 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@maninder89 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

+1 My statement closes on 26th. Lets see what happens. I hope this card graduates before I graduate grad school.

LOL...i hear you buddy...WF really needs to get on with the program.

Message 3 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

best of luck!

Yea Wells Fargo is really lagging behind in their credit department. Seems like they're more focused on other areas than credit cards.

Hopefully they come up with better offerings soon as well.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 40
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I don't have the WF secured card but I do have the WF rewards Visa card since August 2011....I've had two CLI's since....started with an initial CL of $7,000 and they bumped it up to $9,500 in April 2012.....and on March 30, 2013, they bumped my CL to $12,500. Compare that to the Cap One Platinum Visa card I've had since July 2005 with a CL of $500 and have never had a CLI. 

Wells Fargo Rewards Visa - $12,500

Citi Hilton Honors Signature Visa - $9,000

Citi American Airlines AAdvantage American Express - $5,810

US Bank Harley Davidson Chrome Rewards Visa - $4,000

Venture One Capital One - $3,000

Merrick Bank (formerly Hooters Mastercard) Visa - $2,100

BMW Visa - $1,650

Discover More - $1,000

LL Bean Visa - $650

Capital One Platinum Cash Rewards - $500

Message 5 of 40
dondilio
Valued Member

Mine is 17 months. Keeping my fingers crossed as well!
Starting scores (FICO): 1/4/2011 TU: 536 EQ: 532 EX: ???
Current scores (FICO): 9/10/2014 TU: 715 EQ : 720 EX: 732
AMEX PRG: NPSL; AMEX Hilton Surpass: $5800; AMEX Blue: $7500;
DIscover IT: $8500; Fidelity Visa Signature: $5000; CITI AAdvantage WEMC: $2200; Capital One Venture One: $4000; Santander JetBlue MC: $5000; Wells Fargo Visa (secured that eventually graduated): $1600; Nordstrom Visa Signature: $5000 Store cards: Sam's Club: $3900; Home Depot: $4000 Fired: First Premier; Cap One (secured and Orchard); Barclays, AMEX Zync with PSL.
Message 6 of 40
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Mine is 10+ months old. I'm not eligible until October.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I think im going to call them up in the next few days and just straight out ask them if my card will graduate this month or not or by when can i know? Im so anxious cuz i already have in mind what i wanna use those 3500 dollars for and i need it by May.

Message 8 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

well, disappointing news for my WF secured. Called earlier today and they were able to tell me that my card didnt qualify for graduation this month. Im so bummed, and whats even worse i just went and applied for the unsecured card and go the "pending" application message. They pulle EQ (which is at 705 right now). No collections reporting there. Just 2 chargeoffs from 2007. Now i did put my income in and additional income coming in from being a part time business owner this year (opened the business account through WF also.  I will actually be very depressed if end up getting denied for the WF card. I dont know, i guess i thought i had a good chance of getting instantly approved. Oh well...let me refresh by gardening date...

Message 9 of 40
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

well, disappointing news for my WF secured. Called earlier today and they were able to tell me that my card didnt qualify for graduation this month. Im so bummed, and whats even worse i just went and applied for the unsecured card and go the "pending" application message. They pulle EQ (which is at 705 right now). No collections reporting there. Just 2 chargeoffs from 2007. Now i did put my income in and additional income coming in from being a part time business owner this year (opened the business account through WF also.  I will actually be very depressed if end up getting denied for the WF card. I dont know, i guess i thought i had a good chance of getting instantly approved. Oh well...let me refresh by gardening date...

FWIW, WF didn't unsecure me for 18 months. I had been a bank customer for 30 years with a clear banking record. EQ FICO was up to 707 at the time they unsecured me.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.